HELP! Does anyone remember this guy?

by DanielHaase 17 Replies latest jw friends

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

The recent post on how we felt about apostates when we were dubs made me remember something, which I touched on in the post. When I was 11 my entire damn family visited bethel in Brooklyn. There was a grey-haired older fellow that stayed outside the facility yelling at the top of his lungs. Anyone going in to the headquarters would be a traget of yelling. "Look at these beautiful women, they should be posing in Playboy instead of going door to door!!" he would shout...at my mother and aunt (eeeww). Anyway, the bros said he had been at it for years. Don't even know if he's still at it or if he's even alive. Does anyone out there know who I'm talking about?

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

There was someone like that when I visited in 1980. I think they called him Coffee Man because he gave them a hard time about drinking coffee.

TimB

• LDH
    LDH

Yes!!!

His nickname was something to do with coffee, because he always had a cup of coffee.

But he was always saying stuff like "Look at your holy women with all their makeup on! They look like whores!" and all kinds of stuff.

He got run over and killed. No joke.

Lisa

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

That's it!! I remember the whore comments. I also now remember a brother said that while he was in bethel that a WT delivery truck hit (accidently). I didn't know it killed him though. Guess I need to go replace him...

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Hey I just remembered...It wasn't Coffee Man, it was Mr Coffee. Right?

TimB

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dan

If you do, watch out for wt trucks. Wear your dome of protection;)

SS

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I remember a guy like that who was there when I visited Bethel in 1972. He was standing outside, basically shouting at the building, though I don't recall him accosting any passersby. I, along with a small group from my congregation, was getting a private tour from a friend, who was a Gilead student. He said that the guy had been a JW but got mad and left 'the truth' because they didn't make him an elder (or congregation servant, or whatever position it was back then).

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• RipVanWinkle
    RipVanWinkle

If my memory is still working, "Mr. Coffee" was disfellowhipped for smoking. He felt that drinking coffee was as addictive as smoking. I remembered seeing him there and the Brother we were visiting mentioned that.

RVW

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

When I was visiting Bethel in 1989, I saw Mr. Coffee yelling his head off about whores and such. It is true he had been hit by a Watchtower truck. He was not killed. The Bethelite driving it claimed it was an accident. He was nicknamed "the Coffee Creamer." No joke!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

"the coffee creamer"??? *groan*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit