May 21st, 2011, Judgement Day?

by FrankWTower 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

What's supposed to happen on 29 Sept?

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am thinking about JWs going in service today as I grin. They must be having a horrible day. Articles all over in the news speak of JWs and these Campers in the same sentence. I would think some JWs at least will feel a bit embarrassed to be included as the same.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My JW family is joking about "how crazy" this man's predictions are! Pot calling the kettle black, I suppose.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Just an "insider" update. May 21, 2011 is not necessarily unfulfilled. You have to consider ALL the predictions connected to it. The "rapture" certainly was clearly not going to happen. The rapture happens after Judgment Day which is after the 1000 years. So that going in was not a detail that was expected. Neither was the earthquake fully. That's because, unlike the WTS and others who think God will display massive natural destructive powers at Armageddon to kill off the wicked, the Bible indicates the "spoils" of the wicked would be inherited by the survivors of Armageddon. The idea that birds will eat the billions of bodies suggests a clamity more like the death of the firstborn of Egypt. Lots of people taking their clothes off and dropping dead in the backyards for easy feeding, etc.

But the announcement of "Judgment Day" is a bit more complex, particularly in the context of Noah, which was the foundation of this prediction. The caveat focus here is the 7 days of silence from the time the door of the ark was closed until the actual destruction began. Even so, the last chance to be saved occurred 7 days before the actual execution.

So the question is, all of Camping's preaching about May 21 as "judgment day" may be still on. That is, after that date no one who is not already marked can switch sides.

So as far as I'm concerned, it is not disqualified as "judgment day", the day the final chance to be marked occurs. Again, we think of someone maybe bneing saved right at the last second but we have to deal with that imposed 7-day interval of darkness.

By contrast, the Bible Students were the chosen mouthpiece of Jehovah as the "temple sect" up until 1996. Camping understood the "end of the church age" which he dates to 1994 I believe. He has no formal church, thus is no replacement temple. The GB was disfellowshipped on November 10, 1992. So whatever message would announce any "end of the world" would not come through the WTS; they are now apostate.

It could not come through me, an individual "in the clouds" serving a focussed and limited light to the secret elect. So some other qualified, international organization needed to sound this message, thus the focus shifts to Camping.

Camping, like a star in the sky giving light, also is a small light against a dark background. A star is not the sun. So just as 1914 had a limited meaning for the Bible Students that is accurate, so we see this parallel. Every detail is not revealed but the technical fulfillment is still fulfilled. That is, the focus on this particular time which may turn out later to be Biblically significant as far as chronology. We won't know until the millennium actually begins.

Also it is clear Jehovah did not intend to tell Camping everything, as he was only casually aware that the second coming must have already have taken place. But I was not revealed to him as the messiah. So we will have to see how this develops.

As far as I'm concerned, OBVES and Harold Camping are still prophets of the Most High, just as Jehovah used the Bible Students to be the "temple sect" for 110 years from 1886 to 1996, even though they did not know every detail. God kept some details in the dark until fulfillment occurred.

So I'm still watching and waiting...

In the meantime, this is a great test for the faith of those who believe the Bible. Will they give up their faith entirely, or be humbled a bit? Jehovah enjoys "crushing" his chosen ones. It improves them, squeezes out the personal references that creates gem imperfections.

LS

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Don't worry guys, December 2012 is not very far!!! We have another "Judgement Day" to look forward...

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Oh, Sooooo your not the messiah anymore then Lars? There's a lot of doubt and "could be" in your post about the details. Either you KNOW or you DONT.

What ARE you watching and waiting for exactly? Twiddling your messiahs thumbs wondering what will happen next. Ad hoc contingencies dont qualify to sound like any kind of Divine Plan here. If there's a timeline / timetable and you ARE the FRONT MAN then you will certainly KNOW it, ALL of it. But you dont do you.

Go and get some professional help. God i'm sick of the loons on this site.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

It's like a ZOO here.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It is and the Silverbacks are restless...

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

There are no silverbacks here! Only bald red-asses.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I heard on the radio today that Camping made a mistake. May was not the correct month, but rather it is 5 months from now. Oh, glad he was able to admit his mistake and clariy things. Dejavu all over again in 5 months ya'all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit