Question: How Many Followers Does Harold Camping Have?

by Sam Whiskey 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

It sounds like (and I'm just guessing) this group is bigger than just a few thousand people. I'm thinking... 250,000???

Any other guesses?

• freetosee
    freetosee

I only found out about this on JWN and further looked into it in the net. Otherwise there has been no mention of 21.05.2011 down there. I wonder if we will find out how many members there are throughout the day.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

The number of hard core followers Harold Camping is likely to have probably does not exceed a few tens of thousands. By hard core followers I'm referring to those who have been listening to him for years before this recent date appeared on the public radar. These are the kind of believers that will keep following Camping, failure after failure.

The number of people who have recently heard of Camping and have been convinced by his chronological juju magic may number in the hundreds of thousands; perhaps in the low millions worldwide. These "believers", however, are ephemeral followers who will abandon him the day after tomorrow.

• wiser
    wiser

True christians few him as another false prophet.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

OMG, this Camping follower is looking into killing his pets. I just captured this from the local news a few minutes ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4m0knQEpGY

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Well Leolaia, at least Denver is not an earthquake prone area.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah. What a nutjob though.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

What is it with the nut jobs??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit