This is a little freaky.......

by palmtree67 12 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

This morning, my son texted me :

"I had the most real, intense dream about great grampa XXXXX last night. We were talking, laughing, making jokes. It felt so real I woke up with tears in my eyes."

Me:

"That's weird. I have dreams of him, too sometimes, he was a good grampa. But you were only 2 or 3 when he died."

My son:

"In part of the dream he was comforting me and telling me everything was going to be ok."

Now, the freaky part - shortly after this, I looked at the calandar at work here, and today is May 19. The day Grampa died. Shocked I texted my son and told him that.

My son: " Mom, that's so crazy. It was such a vivid dream, like I was hanging out with him."

I'm still a little whigged out here!! therapy

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

That is freaky .... here is another little freaky

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

yeah, that's freaky. i also had a few of those experiences. like my wife dreaming of the death of someone who died the very next day.

but i call it coincidence. and have myself a glass of fine rum.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

My son thinks my grampa was trying to talk to him.

** shrug **

• baltar447
    baltar447

Honestly, we DON'T know until we end this current existence and start the next, if there is one. I refuse to jump to the conclusion that it's all bunk until I see for myself.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Palm that is a wonderful experience! I hope your son took comfort in it.

Peace

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

All of my grandfather's grandchildren have had similar dreams all on the same night. We freaked when we told each other what had happened. They all had the same setting (on my grandfather's porch with him in the rocking chair and the dreamer in the swing). Each one of us had the feeling that it was real and all had the same similar conversation.

I had one of my grandfather a few months ago where I rounded the corner in my house and he was standing there with his arms open. I ran into them and he kissed me and I said "Grandpa, you're in my dreams again! These are my most favorite kind of dreams!" and then he laughed and had a tear in his eye and said "I know" and then was gone.

Maybe it's all bunk. Maybe it's not. We'll have to wait and see.

• eva luna
    eva luna

That is an interesting and comforting shared dream Palmtree.

I remember being told we dont dream in color, well the vivd dreams seem to be in color to me.

I had a simular one too.

I felt someone sit on my bed in the middle of the night, my old reaction would be "oh My! Demons'.

But, I reminded my self, I dont believe in that any more, so I just ignored it and went back to sleep.

In what seemed like a short time, I felt some one sit on my bed again, so unafraid, I looked up.

It was my Brother, he said everything was all right, not to worry about him, or be sad any more.

He had recently died. I had felt it was my duty to keep his memorie alive. Keeping his personal belongings, listening to his music.

Kind of made a shrine for him.

The dream made me realize I needed to let go of this perpetual mourning. I was able to donate his things. accept for the music of couse...:-)

and feel comfortated by this dream visit.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i think i do dream in color whenn i dream (which appears to be seldom, at least dreams that i remember). i like those lyrics by breaking benjamin: show me what it's like to dream in black and white.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

Very inspiring Eva! I wish I could see my loved ones face to face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit