Question about Writing Department

by Aaron Eldridge 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

On one of the "societies" DVDs recently (might have been the one released about a year ago) I seem to remember seeing a GB member dictating what sounded like a WT study article out loud that would then be tidied up (I would hope it's not off the cuff at least!!) and published.

i would suggest the DVD clip with a member of the GB dictating a possible WT article may well be a bit of 'acting' and propaganda for the sheeple...?

and they shall sleep well knowing that the GB's are in charge...

oz

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

A valid point Aussie Oz and could well be what you suggest, but some of the WT study articles definately do read as if they have just been dictated out load by someone who is well out of touch with the reality on the ground for the FDS, so I stick with it likely being done that way at least some of the time.

Other times they nap all day and dept flunkies bash away on the keyboards and rehash old articles in time for publication. (LOL not)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Believe what you like but the GB doesn't write for publication.

The Borg structure is broken into Committees. Each committee has a GB member nominally at its head. Any other "anointed" members in the committee are there by PURE COINCIDENCE, and only because they haven't died yet ('new' anointed have no standing at Bethel). The size/number of committee members is unknown to me, but it is probably something like 3 to 5 people. The committee oversees a Department. The Department consists of the people who DO the actual work.

Every Wednesday the GB meets. They get updates from committee heads and the rubber-stamp pretty much everything they're asked to. They then discuss what they think should be done in the future, vote on it, and the committee heads bring those topics to their committees to implement.

The actual writers are NOT anointed (unless of course they are 'old' anointed who just haven't died yet - my guess is the number of these in all of Bethel is less than two dozen, and none of them are young enough to still be 'working' like a rank and file Bethelite).

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I meant R&F not FDS in my last post btw...

You are probably correct. It is an illusion they like to feed for the R&F that the GB write all the publications etc... whereas given they are 7 in number and head up several commitees each, they simply wont have the time to do it all.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WT 2010 June 15 pages 3 - 4

"Dan Molchan described the work of the Personnel Committee, which oversees the spiritual and physical well-being of the 19,851 Bethelites worldwide. David Sinclair spoke of how the Publishing Committee oversees the purchasing of supplies and equipment for branches. Next, Robert Wallen, who has served at Bethel for nearly 60 years, told how the Service Committee supervises the activity of Jehovah’s people in the field and in the congregations. William Malenfant outlined the hard work the Teaching Committee does to prepare a convention program. Finally, John Wischuk described how the Writing Committee oversees the careful preparation and processing of material for our publications."

So I guess the key word is "oversees", so you may assume that it is written by others and then signed off for publication by the G B . Whether the writers are anointed or o/s is not officially stated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit