Question about Writing Department

by Aaron Eldridge 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aaron Eldridge
    Aaron Eldridge

I know that some dubs who write material for the WTBTS that are not of the 'faithful slave'. When the non-anointed finish the material it is to be approved by someone appointed from the GB to check the material. I am not sure that this is the correct picture, please correct if I am wrong. Here are some questions that follow from that...

-Has the society every published anything stating that non-anointed JW write significant amounts of material for the WTBTS?

-Is all the material reviewed word-for-word by the 'slave' or GB before publishing?

-Are the any of the anointed on the writing staff, besides the overseers?

-How much of the published material is written by the 'sheep'?

• stillin
    stillin

The arrangement, I think, is referred to as the Jehonadab arrangement. This is the class of attendants to the annointed ones who aren't anointed themselves. There is appropriate scriptural analogy provided. I think in reality, that almost all of the actual writing and work is done by ones of this class, with a months-long review period during which the governing body decides whether to clear each article as it is written or to make any changes to it...

• fokyc
    fokyc

Ask Barbara Anderson; she was in the writing department for many years.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/18048

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think (but dont know) it's probably just the fluff and filler articles written by OS.

On one of the "societies" DVDs recently (might have been the one released about a year ago) I seem to remember seeing a GB member dictating what sounded like a WT study article out loud that would then be tidied up (I would hope it's not off the cuff at least!!) and published.

So I reckon it's "meaty" stuff = GB / fluff articles = OS

But yes I would say ANYTHING by OS going to print will be scrutinised by writing dept flunkies, but I doubt they are all "annointed" FDS (whatever that is...)

Sorry that has got to rate as my vaguest post yet lol, but without hooking out DVDs and trawling thru them for the one scene I'm thinking of i cant offer a more convincing statement

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I believe most of the articles are wrote by the OS. The GB may come up with a idea but the writing department is made up mostly of the OS. One of the GB is the overseer to the writing department. One of the reasons all the studies articles sound like rehashed stuff is because the writing department uses mostly research material from other WT pub. Any outside material may be quotes to fit what they are trying to push. I think this is pretty close to what happens with a few exceptions. Totally ADD

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

-Is all the material reviewed word-for-word by the 'slave' or GB before publishing?

w87 3/1 pp. 14-15 pars. 17-19 'Upon the Watchtower I Am Standing'

To this day the Governing Body follows similar guidelines. Each article in both The Watchtower and Awake! and every page, including the artwork, is scrutinized by selected members of the Governing Body before it is printed. Furthermore, those who assist in writing articles for The Watchtower are Christian elders who appreciate the seriousness of their assignment. (Compare 2 Chronicles 19:7.) They spend many hours in researching the Bible and other reference material to make sure that what is written is the truth and that it faithfully follows the Scriptures. (Ecclesiastes 12:9, 10; 2 Timothy 1:13) It is not unusual for one magazine article-that you may read in 15 minutes-to take from two weeks to over a month to prepare.

Therefore, you can read The Watchtower and Awake! with confidence.

• moshe
    moshe

The back room is where all the real ideas come from---

-

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The arrangement, I think, is referred to as the Jehonadab arrangement. This is the class of attendants to the annointed ones who aren't anointed themselves.

Am I the only person who is constantly amazed that an organisation of American origin, America with its principles of equality and liberty, should swallow hook line and sinker a system where one class is so superior to the ordinary plebs that they actually get to go to heave?

These people actually founded a relgion that creates the ultimate elite, and they exercise thought control by denying all the ordinary billions of humanity the life after death that even the most primitive humans believed worldwide was theirs.

It's fiendishly clever.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

You're thinking of the Nethinim arrangement of 'other sheep' (Jehonadab) helpers, Chariklo.

Btw, I read your introduction thread with interest. A good thing you're waking up now - before baptism - close one! And of course WELCOME!

Oh, and as to the different classes, different kinds of salvation idea, you might want to look up Gnosticism - particularly a dude called Valentinus.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    You're thinking of the Nethinim arrangement of 'other sheep' (Jehonadab) helpers, Chariklo.
    Btw, I read your introduction thread with interest. A good thing you're waking up now - before baptism - close one! And of course WELCOME!

Thanks, AnnOMaly. In fact, the first two sentences of my earlier post where a quote, but I forgot to use the Style/Quote thing so my posting didn't make a lot of sense! Comes of writing too late at night! There's a post from someone else further up the thread that makes it clear.

Gnosticism, Valentinus, thanks for that, I will.

I'm very glad I discovered this board, it's been a real help in recovering my mind!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit