Are YOU Totally Out Of The JW Mindset?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

I completely purged the entire "mindset" a few weeks after being disfellowshipped.

You can say that my heart condition is totally apostate.

• chickpea
    chickpea

pockets of stored crap keep popping up
    in closets and lower shelves of book cases

but there is NOTHING about the b0rg that
    holds ANY sway over me or my thinking...
    all my life decisions are made based on my
    own sense of fair play, justice, honesty, etc

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I've come a long way,but I still have a lot of work to do.

For example,when I first started posting here, I didn't get OUTLAW'S humor about the Watchtower,some of it,offended me a bit. But,now,I laugh really hard. lol.

• moshe
    moshe

I'm definitely sure the JWs don't like me anymore----

• mamalove
    mamalove

Yes I think so. I probably have some scars that rear their ugly head from time to time. But for the most part, I say BLESS YOU when someone sneezes, and I thought about donating blood today.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

It look a long time, but I can honestly say I am now totally and completely free of the JW mindset!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Yes, and it's liberating.

• flipper
    flipper

" Are you totally out of the JW mindset ? " You bet your sweet a$$ I am. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• wobble
    wobble

I never totally had the JW mindset, well in fact I hardly had it at all, there was just so much I did not go along with in my heart.

I find now that I look back and realise some of the opinions I had were through lack of knowledge, which is a malaise that born-ins particularly suffer from.

This was brought home to me by Terry's thread about asking the right questions, particularly of the GB, I used to think they were wise to not answer things, to not grace the question with an answer.

I now realise the GB did not have an answer.

The little bit of the JW mindset that I did have has either faded along with my fade, or been jerked away from me by knowledge, most of it gained on this site.

I am a much better person for expunging any taint of JWism, more understanding, tolerant and kind.

I have never got rid of the insanity though ( and a bit of insanitary !)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit