Are YOU Totally Out Of The JW Mindset?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
  • J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i'm totally out of it. but a huge part of my brain still stores all of the info. just can't delete it. bugs me.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Nobody Leaves Here Alive

http://youtu.be/gp1ekcwPNfQ

No Escape Hatch Available

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

I'm completely out. I have been for a while even though I honorably tried to "stay in" so my grandmother would have a relationship with me. I knew that had to stop when I started pointing out stupidities to my hubby during the meetings. I got looks. So I stopped going. And my grandmother has nothing to do with me. Oh, except for the occasional call to tell me God hates me. I tried. I really did. But it's her choice and I feel much better now without the religious monkey on my back than I ever have being berated by her constantly. I'm completely out. I have been for a while even though I honorably tried to "stay in" so my grandmother would have a relationship with me. I knew that had to stop when I started pointing out stupidities to my hubby during the meetings. I got looks. So I stopped going. And my grandmother has nothing to do with me. Oh, except for the occasional call to tell me God hates me. I tried. I really did. But it's her choice and I feel much better now without the religious monkey on my back than I ever have being berated by her constantly.

I vaguely remember a scripture saying something about losing mothers and brothers and sisters in my name. Something like that. It’s fitting.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

@prophecor - Flippin AWESOME comic!

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Nor did nugget watersprout!!!

LMAO! How many actually defied their hubby's??? I reckin there was an secret underground sect that refused to be ''told'' by their hubby's.

Peace

• minimus
    minimus

btt

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I am Totally ADD but unfortunately not toally out of the JW mindset. Demon or horror movies still creep me out. I still think somedays it Thursday I need to get ready for the meeting. Mostly I worry about how I am going to tell my older brother who is a elder how I feel. Many JW mindsets I am out of but there is still few I deal with. Give me a couple of more years I think I should be good to go. Totally ADD

• minimus
    minimus

This thread makes me feel ok.

• d
    d

I am slowly shedding my Jw mindset it has been 3 yrs problem is that I might be working with two Jw's in my camping job

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit