FAITH, the biggest excuse for IGNORANCE.

by nicolaou 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EntirelyPossible..... I hate to break this to you....but House is not a REAL person.

Neither is Jesus.

• still thinking
    still thinking

By the way....I think the title in this thread and many of the comments on it are a wonderful example of ignorance and arrogance

"wishful thinking"

"being dishonest with yourself"

"focused wishing"

"any assumption" makes the term completely meaningless in any religious context."

(actually science uses the word assumption repeatedly when supporting evolutionary theory)

In whose humble opinion are all these statements made? I'm not sure why some people think they are always right. But I know that with pride comes a fall.

• still thinking
    still thinking

EP...I can prove house isn't......prove Jesus isn't

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

Faith is a PRINCIPLE OF POWER...with it, we can heal the sick and raise up the dead, and if our faith were perfect, we could see into the eternal world that lies beyond this one and see our true potential. Again, faith is not an excuse for ignorance, but the very opposite of such ignorance, because with faith comes the very knowledge of God and we only receive a witness, after the trail of our faith. This I know to be true...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EP...I can prove house isn't......prove Jesus isn't

You can? Please do.

• still thinking
    still thinking

hmmmmm.....lets see......Well for starters his real name is Hugh Laurie....and just in case you didn't realise this.....he is an actor.... tee hee hee

I did enjoy that series though.....along with Boston Legal. Two of my favourites.

by the way......no friendly you need to get help therapy is required here....just letting you know in case you felt the need to love me with suggestions xxxxx

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

It is important to examine our faith in order to support it and not just having blind faith. Personally I like to examine all things and come to conclusions. I need to know all the facts so I can have complete view of the subject.

I have many issues especially the Hebrew Testament that describes a God of wrath. Also going through archeology and the Hebrew Testament I found that there is no archeological evidence that Israelites used to be slaves in Egypt, or that King Solomon existed. In fact Israelites borrowed many things from Egyptians and Sumerians (since Abraham was from Mesopotamian region) and the Mosaic Law is a copy of oldest texts. Even the Genesis record, the Flood are a copy from Old Sumerian Texts. So the Hebrew Scriptures have many disturbing facts, like Lot having sex with his daughters, Abraham willing to sacrifice his child. Another disturbing fact is that ancient Israelites used to worship Ashera goddess, the wife of Yahweh and when male domination occurred over the Matriarch society she was vanished. I find it disturbing to see that a God of Love is a jealous God and order's genocides like the ones found in the book of Numbers. How can a God of love orders humans to kill other humans including babies?

All above are just the tip of the iceberg regarding Hebrew Scriptures. Moving to the Greek Scriptures I find a different view of God in the face of Jesus. He loves everyone, talks and associates with prostitutes and thieves, cures people, and teaches the universal message of love. On my research I came across the Gnostic Gospels that give a complete different view of creation, plus we can see the balance of Female and Male in the world. In Gnostic Gospels we have the Creator of this Universe who became arrogant, that's why there is imperfection and unbalanced world. He is unaware of the existence of God's above him and that is why Jesus came to Earth to bring balance back.

I cannot ignore the fact that in the New Testament many books that First Century Christians used to have they have vanished by the Church Fathers, like the Gospel of Magdalene, The Gospel Of Judas, Jesus Wisdom, the Gospel of Thomas, just to name a few. While Jesus accepted equality for both sexes, again the Male domination exiled woman from the Church.

Now that is the theological issues. Regarding science I cannot ignore the fact that there was a graduate evolution on Earth and with evolution humanoids appeared on earth. The last ones are Homo Sapiens, us the most advanced creature that this planet has ever known. Is that just a coincidence? I don't think so. Because we are the ones who think for the future, seeking our spiritual needs. I do admire how Shamans do feel about Mother Nature, that we are all in unity with Nature and the living species on this planet need each other. For them nothing dies we are all just travelers that we go for one place to another, but most of all we have to keep the balance of life. Unfortunately we have lost our balance as humans and the result it is bad for us and Mother Nature. Only when we realize how important this planet is for everyone we will bring balance back.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

hmmmmm.....lets see......Well for starters his real name is Hugh Laurie....and just in case you didn't realise this.....he is an actor.... tee hee hee

That's just your say so. Who am I going to believe, an anonymous poster on a forum or my own eyes? I need proof! you said you could prove a negative, let's see it.

• still thinking
    still thinking

EP enjoy!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0491402/awards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Laurie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3rhGGMkoW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS6rYzEbdxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBLDf7-dNp8&feature=fvwrel

http://www.hughlaurie.net/septnews.html

You enjoy these websites you can have a look at the breakdown of the programme itself

This article is about the character.

http://house.wikia.com/wiki/Gregory_House

If you like, I am sure you could track him down and ask him yourself....since Hugh Laurie is still alive.

Man that was boring!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Someone here suggested that those without 'faith' should have to 'prove' that Jesus isn't alive in heaven - or substance of that.

Realist are not compelled to prove negatives. We feel compelled to accept those things with significant evidence [though not always total proof] to support them. And many of us, like myself, would never reject solid evidence about the existence of Jesus, but it had never, and can never be provided. If you have such, then the implications of 'ignorance' and 'arrogance' could be erased from our minds. The very simple, and disturbing fact, is that you haven't a shred of 'evidence'. Your entire lifestyle is based on 'belief', 'faith', two words that imply 'no proof'.

And those who get 'offended' by such statements, need to examine why they are offended. It is not an insult to say that someone is ignorant, for we are all ignorant about some matters. But, if I were in those shoes, I would feel motivated to show more than 'faith' to those who ask a reasonable explanation. If I could not, then I might begin to feel immense embarrassment about my DELIBERATE IGNORANCE. But that's just me.

As an old wise man once said: "If it smells like bullshit, and looks like bullshit, then if you want me to believe it is an omelet - you taste it for me."

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit