FAITH, the biggest excuse for IGNORANCE.

by nicolaou 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If the evidence your claim is based upon ends up being proven false would you stop making the claim?

I have faith in a purpose for mankind even if we go extinct. I believe we will be remembered. Any idea that progresses past that foundation I should be able to do a 180 on when given the right evidence.

-Sab

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

What specific type of "evidence" are you asking for and for which event?

JDW

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I have faith in a purpose for mankind even if we go extinct. I believe we will be remembered.

Or the universe would not even miss us.

• tec
    tec

You might be right about some believers - using faith as an excuse not to think. I don't know. I'm not them, and so I am not qualified to tell someone why they believe.

But your premise is untrue for me, and I suspect many others.

I have faith in Christ (and so, God) because I love and trust Him. I love what He did and taught. I believe in what He did and taught. I strive to follow Him, though I come up far short. So if He said He's coming back, then He's coming back. If He believed in God, and called Him Father, and both followed and loved His Father... then I do the same. Because I trust Him.

Some of this is from reading about Him. Some of it is about the evidence I have of Him in my life. The fruits/gifts of the Spirit that my faith in him have granted - peace, forgiveness, understanding, love, prayers and questions answered. Guidance that I can feel, albeit not prove.

I don't rely on faith just because I don't have a better answer, or am too lazy to search for a better answer. Faith in Christ is just a part of me... as natural and present to me as breathing.

Peace,

Tammy

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Spot on Nic.

Most of us were in that ignorant boat for a long time before realizing it. Many remain in that state of mind, and refuse to consider the delusion that is ruling their lives.

There is a sadness in realization that to many of them, 'faith', 'belief' in unprovable matters is an honorable state.

If we had ever known of a child who grew to adulthood, and then to old age, refusing against all reason to stop 'believing' in Santa, the Tooth-Fairy, or the Easter Bunny, we would be torn between thinking he should be committed and a deep sorrow for his inability to separate fantasy and reality when the facts were presented.

I see little difference between that person and 'believers'. Granted, believers are indoctrinated longer, and in society that conditions them to stay in such delusion. But, at some point, one would hope that they would awaken. Sadly, it won't ever happen for many or even for most.

Jeff

• tec
    tec

Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys realize just how condescending you sound. Like you're talking to a bunch of not-too-bright children. I know there are some believers who talk about how immoral and arrogant atheists are, and how they want to be their own gods, etc. So I get that you might feel justified... but I know some of you take issue with their arrogance in making statements about WHY you don't believe.

This is the exact same thing on the other side of the coin.

Do you see that?

Tammy

• Scully
  • EntirelyPossible
  • Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

The old guy is entitled to his opinion.

JDW

• still thinking
    still thinking

EntirelyPossible..... I hate to break this to you....but House is not a REAL person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit