Facebook, JW's, and paranoia

by Lunatic Faith 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

So I am still a member of the FB JW page since they put me in there themselves. I haven't been on there for a week because I find the average post innane or downright paranoid. Today I got on there and got an admins explanation for why so many were randomly thrust into this closed group. Then the comments start bringing up all these names of individuals that should be removed from their hallowed association. I'm the second to the last, challenging the apostate label. Just yesterday I was talking to a guy I work with. He is an acupuncturist and treats a lot of the JW's. He had no clue about their disfellowshipping stand and yet they are always witnessing to him. He should read this thread...

Enrique CamachoOkay, everyone. Just to let you know, I am one of the admins of this group. I am in good standing and just want to let you know what happened. Damien and I were warned by Facebook that this group was to be "archived". The way this group looks now is the way Facebook as decided all groups should be upgraded too. As are result, we had no choice but to upgrade so it wouldn't be put into the back closet of Facebook and no new members could join or find it.

As a result, it seems this new applications seems to forcibly join people that: never meant to join the group, joined this group years ago but forgot about it and suddenly upgrading has put this page back into their lives, or were just associated with JW in their profile and were lumped in here.

To those of you who forgot about this group, welcome back. To those of you who were just lumped in here, welcome. I'm the most active of admins for this group so if you have any questions or concernes please feel free to ask.

Sincerely,

Enrique Camacho

on Friday · Like · · Unsubscribe
    • 8 people like this.
      • Sam D Marcus Concern:
        Vincent Whitworth May 13 at 8:09pm · Like
      • Enrique Camacho Workn' on it. May 13 at 8:18pm · Like · 2 people
      • Erick ForsytheEnrique Camacho .....the man above me.....Vincent Whitworth is the one we are all reporting to you. He is the one that needs to be removed. His last few posts seem OK....but go back a few hours ago. You tell me, and all the others who are complaining, if you think this man is displaying Jehovah's spirit. May 13 at 8:37pm · Like
      • Alexander Morell Yes I think That person erick mention sholud be removed or block.. who is in favor respond and the administrator of the gropu can block or remove him. May 13 at 10:31pm · Like
      • Nellie Rose Elswick Concern: Ryan Bassette May 14 at 8:01am · Like
      • Nellie Rose Elswick His comments on Damiens post Called The Day After Armageddon. It is an older post but Ryan Bassette's comments are recent, less than a week ago May 14 at 8:04am · Like
      • Teresa Cochrun Nellie - I looked at Ryans FB page and under religion he posted "Not thrilled...agnostic (recovering JW Lol)". I think that explains it. May 14 at 2:15pm · Like
      • Nellie Rose Elswick I know I read it too...his comments weren't very nice either. May 14 at 2:27pm · Like
      • Enrique Camacho Done May 14 at 2:57pm · Like
      • Nellie Rose Elswick TY: I hadn't visited this group lately, and was a bothered by his comments this group is suppose to be for us to be spiritually up-building to our brothers and sisters. The Post by Damien was great and encouraging. Ryans tongue was a destructive fire in this group. May 14 at 3:09pm · Like · 2 people
      • Annie Love wow. if in a congregation we are not allowed to talk to those who are disfellowshiped , then by no means should we do it here!!! we must block those apostates! Monday at 11:10am · Like · 2 people
      • Adrian Abeyta Sr Yea, Catholic here not a JW, but.. I don't mind. lol Monday at 3:44pm · Like
      • Charis Branson Since when did disfellowshipped start automatically implying one is an apostate? I think that word gets used way more than it should. 7 hours ago · Like
      • Annie Love the difference is there, but either way we can't talk to any of them. as a matter of fact, the apostates are worse because they're trying to pull the sheep away from the congregation. the disfellowshipped might come back. but the consequences are still the same. 6 hours ago · Like
    </form>

</form>

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Reading that stuff just makes me sad. I was like that. I have family STILL like that. Horrible.

BTW, are we friends on FB? I am horrible connecting JWN names to FB names. I'd like to friend you two if we aren't already, LunaFaith and Pyramid.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

lol, witchhunts. Such a spirit of love and brotherhood.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Yeah, Mad. I sent you and (Your wife?) friend requests a few weeks ago. Your picture is of the Watchtower building and your wifes is of the borg watchtower (which by the way is the first time I had ever seen that. Very cool!). I don't think you guys responded though because I don't see you in my friends list.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

this group is suppose to be for us to be spiritually up-building to our brothers and sisters. The Post by Damien was great and encouraging. Ryans tongue was a destructive fire in this group.

but go back a few hours ago. You tell me, and all the others who are complaining, if you think this man is displaying Jehovah's spirit.

Hilarious!!!! You never realize how retarded JW lingo is until you step back and read it.

• undercover
    undercover

There seems to be two kinds of dubs on FB....

One group are the true blue, zealous dubs trying to remain separate from the world even as they partake in it's social networking phenomenom. They hope to be able limit their association to only dubs of similar dedication. All others will be ignored and cast out if they fall from grace. Their walls, photos and posts are the saddest. Pics from the assembly. Questions to other dubs asking their pioneering plans this summer. Field service experiences. They "like" JW only pages and defend the seclusion of anyone they even suspect as being questionable association. They list their religious preference as "Jehovah's Witness" or similar. One person I know listed their political affliation as "Jehovah's Kingdom".

The other group are the more moderate and liberal dubs. Those that basically pay lip service to the WTS, but then go about life pretty much no different than non-JWs, except for holidays and a few other things. They have lots of JW and non-JW friends. They 'check-in' at bars and clubs. They post photos of having a good time dancing at a disco. They list their favorite bands and movies which include metal, rap, R-rated movies, etc. They rarely, if ever, mention meetings, assemblies, service or anything to do with being recognized as a JW. They may have been included by someone else in a JW page/group but do not participate. Their religous preference is left blank.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Right on target Undercover. Just check on my friends of friends list and I see pictures of them and their activities/associations... I roll my eyes and just am happy I'm not in their world anymore.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Oh God yes. I was happy when I finally decided to unfriend the sickeningly sweet comments like "Great meeting then service with friends! Now a barbeque!! Jehovah's organization is so awesome!" Like, like, like, etc.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

LF, what is the name of the FB site? I'd like to join since I've been disfellowshipped from a couple of them.

• Kudra
    Kudra

It's so weird that here we are, in the 21st century, and there are still people trying to censor others for what they think/speak...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit