A question for JW apologists(or anyone else)

by keyser soze 21 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

A JW will always rationalize the errors of WT leaders by arguing that they are simply imperfect men, who have never claimed to be spirit-directed. Let's assume, for argument's sake, that that's true, that they've never made such claims. The question then becomes, "Why aren't they?".

After all, JWs believe that the bible is the infallible word of God, despite the fact that, it too, was written by imperfect men. The reason for its inerrancy is that the writers were inspired by holy spirit. If the JWs are truly God's chosen religion, the means he is using for humans to gain salvation, why wouldn't his spirit direct WT leaders in the same way?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've hoped to engage a JW by challenging them if the Jehovah's Witnesses are the organization most closely following God's commands today? That way, they can't bounce between "God-appointed" and "imperfect men". If this is the only organization approved by God, surely we can find the evidence.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your just trying to Make me Think..

I`m not going to Fall for that Old Trick..

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/59783/59783,1264111543,1/stock-photo-a-goofy-smiling-business-man-pointing-and-trying-to-act-like-he-is-a-cool-guy-shallow-depth-of-44991346.jpg

.................... ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Luke 12:12

for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."

John 14:26

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

1John 2 :27

As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

Jeremiah 31:34

"They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

So, why does God NEED an organization ????

• wobble
    wobble

I am sure, because of the number of times the expression is used, "spirit directed", even in their baptismal vows, the average JW believes the WT is "spirit-directed".

How does that work ? The Revelation book claimed that the members of the 144,000 now in heaven comunicate with "the John Class" here on earth. This despite talking to dead ones being forbidden in the Bible.

But, what proof is there of any spirit direction ?

I would say that any spirit that directs them is demonic.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    So, why does God NEED an organization ????

PSacramento,

Good call.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I am sure, because of the number of times the expression is used, "spirit directed", even in their baptismal vows, the average JW believes the WT is "spirit-directed".

Perhaps I should have said "inspired", rather than "directed". JWs believe there is a difference. But claiming either one requires something in the way of proof.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sad to say they go into 'circular reasoning' mode and can go around and around for ages getting nowhere.

I saw this on YouTube:

"God chose the Watchtower organization in 1919." >>

"How do you know God chose the Watchtower organization in 1919?" >>

"Because they were the only ones teaching truth at the time." >>

"What about all the changes?" >>

"That is new light...you know the light increases as we draw nearer to the day..." >>

"Couldn't that be true of others?" >>

"No, because God chose the Watchtower organization in 1919." >>BACK TO THE TOP >>

• pirata
    pirata

Good reasoning point @keyser Sore. I had not thought about that before.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I've never had a decent answer to the question "what's the difference between spirit-inspired and spirit directed?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit