Can You Even Imagine An Elder Doing This?

by puppylove 17 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

LOL at James!
    So true.
    So sad.

VioletAnai,
    Are you related to SexyTeen/YoYoMama/helpothers?!???

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• butalbee
    butalbee

VioletAnai,

STOP SMOKING THE POT--IT IS MAKING YOU HALLUNICATE.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Outnfree,

Not that I'm aware of! Umm, what's the story anyways? I've read a couple of post preluding to s.t/yoyo, them being one and the same??? I dunno, I'm new!!

Butalbee,

I'm not hallucinating!!!! I'm just a little bonkers. That tends to happen when you've had an emotional rollercoaster of a life. Oh and I don't believe pot makes you depressed. I was depressed before I started smoking, for me it alleviates the symptoms. So raspberries to you, if I wanna hallucinate, there's plenty of prescriptions out there supplied by 'science'. Natural is by far best.

• Scully
    Scully

MisterBiggs writes:

The elders would...
    ...ask if he still had the addiction.
    ...how long he's had it.
    ...go over some WT articles.
    ...tell him to pray earnestly to Jehovah.
    ...meet with him in a month or two to find out how he's doing.
    ...tell him that if he didn't stop he'd face disciplinary action.
    ...disfellowship him for his bad actions.

You forgot that the elders would.....

...... ask the wife if she is contributing to the substance abuse by withholding the marital due from her husband
    ..... ask the wife if she is trying to undermine her husband's headship
    ..... ask the wife if she has any bad habits like spending too much on credit cards which is causing her husband undue stress

Love, Scully

In the desert things find a way to survive. Secrets are like this too. They work their way up through the sands of deception so men can know them. - The X Files

• Satanus
    Satanus

NY

You are right, the elders only know how to quote the bible. If that doesn't cure the problem, then they kill the patient. Priests, especially catholic ones, actually use their brains to do some of their own thinking, and many have undergone training as well. Priests act more like jesus did w the adulterous woman who was brought by the pharisees. The elders, of course, are like the pharisees were. The pharisees were also going by the bible of the time. It plainly said she was to be stoned. Jesus ignored the bible, the ot. Strange, isn't it?

DIM

Reading how the elders treated you and your 'problem' makes steam come out of my ears.

SS

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

I said

the diff between the clergy and elders
    is that elders rely on the bible

Br. Brown said

Both Brown and Moreno said that the elders, who volunteer and are essentially untrained clergy, might err in their application of a policy

u stupidly said

Now what I have shown you is really just a sample of aonther case of a JW jumping to defend the WT while having no Idea that his statement will be shot down by the Goofy writing and comments of the wonderful WT

you should re read jr's statement....

because ss supported me\

You are right, the elders only know how to quote the bible.
    welcome to class JT--say hi to your classmates
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The difference between mainline clergymen and JW Elders is that clergymen are trained on how to counsel, and JW Elders are largely untrained and often inapt. Don't you find it funny that the Watch Tower’s god chooses to use untrained janitors and the devil’s clergy uses trained counselors. Oh these "gifts in men"!

G'day Freeman and thanks for your post. You've expressed something that I've been voicing myself these past few years. I've come to this same conclusion. Let's hope the lurkers and WTS apologists read and think about this.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• puppylove
    puppylove

I think the question would be more like:

are you doing enough praying?
    are you reading the magazines?
    how are your hours in service?

This is their standard line of questioning no matter what your problem is. They are trained to think that doing more in "Jehovah's Service" will solve every problem...

depressed? go out in service, take your mind off of yourself
    marital problems? go out in service with your spouse
    problems with your kids? go out in service with your kids
    drug/alcohol problem? go out in service with an elder
    losing your joy? go out in service, it will bring you more joy
    new to the congregation? go out in service with others in the hall
    exhausted? go out in service, it will refresh you

It's the answer to every problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit