Has anyone gotten a jw convention tract yet?

by mrsjones5 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• St George of England
    St George of England

Our convention invites arrived this week. They have not been distributed yet but I saw them in the shrink wrap when at the meeting earlier this week.

George

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

MrsJones, you have a PM.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If I remember correctly (I torn up the tract I got from my neighbor's door) the convention date was May 20-22. Considering today it's slightly ironic.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Sheeshe Moshe, if I ever talk to you should I try to talk you out of believing in God or being a Jew? I think that's just as silly as being a plain on Christian or Hindu or Muslim or a JW and in the long term not helpful to society at large. Do I also have a moral responsibility rid you of the God delusion you suffer from (and no, I have never read any of Dawkins work)?

You have no right to tell Josie how to conduct herself. Why are you afraid of a strong woman that will stand up to a man?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Received and answered BP

• moshe
    moshe

If Mrs Jones doesn't want to talk to JWs she can easily put up a " no visits from JWs" sign and be done with them- no need to keep telling us that JWs came by and,u-uh, nothing happened. - Here, I'll even provide the sign.

H'mm, let me hypothesize, Do I have every right to turn a hungry and homeless person away from my door, without trying to help them?-Well, I have my home, my food and I earned it myself- so let them find their own cake to eat and bed to sleep in- goodbye. I know, now I'll tell everyone on my forum that I did that and they will all say what a great person I am for closing my door on that bum. Yes, and anyone who thinks otherwise is, a jerk.

-

• hubert
    hubert

Mr.s Jones, I've done the same thing in the past.......turn j.w.'s away from my door, without engaging them. I have to admit, I am not good at engaging anyone in a debateable conversation.

So, what do I do now? If I see them, I look for an opprotunity to "place" anti-jw material. Why not? they "place" their stuff, so why can't I? This way, I get my "seed" planted, (hopefully), and don't have to debate them.

Why do I want to do this? Because this is how I can "possibly" help a j.w. see that their thinking is wrong, and help them to get out of this cult, which, I am supposing, you, Mrs. Jones, was in before, too.

So what got you out, Mr's Jones? Was it "seeds" that were planted by someone who wanted to help you out of the Borg, or did you just figure it out for yourself? Either way, is fine, but I think planting seeds is a more meaningful way to "rid" yourself of the j.w. scourge, and you missed a great opportunity to plant some.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, Moshe gave me this same advice, and I took him up on it. I forwarded this article that is on the news about Harold Campings "cult" to my soon to be baptized daughter, in the hopes that maybe she or her hubby will take notice of the similarities with this cult, and the one they are getting stuck in.

I respect your decision to "do nothing", but if we all did nothing, perhaps many more j.w.'s won't see the light, and leave this destructive cult.

Hubert

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Moshe, not that I need to explain this to you, the reason why I don't put that sign in my window is my parents are jws and from time to time visit my home. You need to give it a rest Moshe because your jerkiness is at level 10.

Hubert, the seed was always there but it grew when I heard of Ray Franz being df's and being told not to read his book at a jw circuit convention in Fremont California back in the early 80's. I may have left the bOrg but I don't see it as my God given direction to have to engage every jw who happens to knock on my door, I'm not interested in reverse preaching and I don't go around on this board saying that everyone have to be like me. I truely believe in "to each his or her own". I have no desire to do say anything other than I was raised in the bOrg and I'm not interested. What they take or think about that is on them, not me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit