Worlds Apart on SBS1 (Australia) 25 May

by penny2 19 Replies latest jw friends

• BCK
    BCK

No, I live in Satan's pride & joy: United States. Are beards common for JWs in Europe?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Are beards common for JWs in Europe?

Apparently. If you do a search on the other threads on this movie, it's been discussed before that apparently in some European countries beards are acceptable. So although it is unusual for our Western eye to see beards on elders, it's ok for Europe.

• ssn587
    ssn587

nothing like a beard here in the ole USofA to draw undue attention to oneself. even a goatee draws that attention too. How dare someone try and be different to the rest of the zombies. truly a sin that is unforgiveable to some.

• penny2
    penny2
    I wish I could go back and undo all the harm that I caused.

BCK, welcome to the forum.

You did what you thought was right at the time. There have been experiences on here where elders have gone back and apologised to people they disfellowshipped. Would you consider doing that?

penny

• penny2
    penny2

Just a reminder that this is showing on Wednesday.

penny

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

BTTT for the Aussie crowd.

• penny2
    penny2

Starting in just over an hour (well for me anyway, I'm in South Australia). I've worked out how to record on my playstation so I'll have a copy.

• penny2
    penny2

Wow, that's all I can say right now.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's a great movie eh? I thought the acting was excellent - the actors really seemed to get the emotions correct.

It was the second time for me to watch this, and I felt I got more out of it this time.

I wonder how the real Tabitha is going now?

• penny2
    penny2
    I wonder how the real Tabitha is going now?

I'd like to know too. That must have been so hard to go through at 17. There was so much going on in the family apart from her story. I love it the way so many aspects of being a JW were highlighted in the film.

I'm going to watch it again, maybe today (have got a day off).

penny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit