Worlds Apart on SBS1 (Australia) 25 May

by penny2 19 Replies latest jw friends

• penny2
    penny2

It's already being advertised on the station - it will be shown on Wednesday, 25th May at 10.05pm.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Fantastic, watched it about a month ago, great that even more Aussies will get to see it.

• penny2
    penny2

It was on SBS2 last month. Seems unusual that they are showing it again so quickly (but I'm pleased because I missed it last time).

I think SBS1 is also available on analogue TV.

• Little Imp
  • Little Imp
    Little Imp

Test as posts have been coming up blank

• Little Imp
  • penny2
    penny2

Love the cat, Little Imp!

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Thanks Penny, hope this post comes up

• BCK
    BCK

Watched this last night. What a sad story, although very common within the watchtower. Most of these kids get baptized young, without really being dedicated. The whole disfellowshipping thing is twisted. The Bible says to stop associating with anyone "called a brother". So, if someone wants to quit being called a 'brother' or a 'sister', they should have that choice. Read the Bible, free choice is a sacred right. Make a choice, accept the responsibility. Shunning rarely moves someone to come back. Usually it makes the person more bitter and hurt. Love never fails, but shunning is not love. One thing I noticed about the movie was that Sara said to her father that she never contradicted the elders. Then she was seen telling her brother that Armageddon was not true, it was a lie. If she wants to make her own decision, then she should let her brother make his own.

And how about the brother (elder?) with the beard? Very unusual, in my experience.

I was an elder for 15 years. I wish I could go back and undo all the harm that I caused. I wish I had never agreed to disfellowship anyone. I wish I had known what love is.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

And how about the brother (elder?) with the beard? Very unusual, in my experience.

Do you live in Europe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit