what toys did you all ways want but couldnt have because you were a jw!

by warmasasunned 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Transformers. Apparently, the absurd idea that a semi-truck could take human form is demonic. Don't ask me how but jerkovah the SOBs up in Brooklyn know.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I knew a little girl who wasn't allowed to watch Roadrunner cartoons, because of the "violence".

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Hockey gear...I wanted to play so badly but dad said it would take time away from more important things. Still I would go to the ice pad every day after school armed with my hockey stick and hand me down skates 2 sizes too large and played until dad came home from work. When I started earning money I bought a brand new pair of hockey gloves and some good skates. At 18 I started playing in an industrial league...still playing 38 years later...At 18 I also bought my first motorcycle. I never told dad...just came home with it...he wasn't very happy...but I still ride today, althought what happened to oompa made me think of the risks I am taking everytime I ride...

• Terra Incognita
  • Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Toy guns...

Anything resembling magic stuff...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Clue, Oija board, trolls, holiday toys, cap guns and pirate knives.

JW parents can be nuts with the no-no's.

I do believe that because you can be hit with one, frisbees could be considered weapons in the eyes of a JW.

My mom outlawed Clue because it involved a killing.

I was always afraid of the Oija board because of JW training, but always curious.

Now, it's just wood with some paint on it and no more dangerous than those "false gods made of wood and stone" that are supposed to be so impotent.

We could eat holiday candy and ghostly and good luck cereals because they were just food and would disappear, after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit