what toys did you all ways want but couldnt have because you were a jw!

by warmasasunned 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

i was lucky not to be born into the jw's, so i had pretty much every toy i wanted ...

actionman (g.i joe) with all the guns, tanks wonderful 2nd world war uniforms, toy soldiers cavalry, indians, cowboys, knights,castles and forts.

six million dollar man, lone ranger and tonto, toy cars matchbox captin scarlett, thunder birds, loads of guns to run around playing war.

great days. (of course my sisters had dolls and prams, barbies cindys, play make up)

i know having spoken to jws born into it certain toys were of limits for some kids.

a good friend told me how he loved action man and played with them constantly, until one day he came home and saw them all by the door in a

card board box.

when he asked his mum what she was doing.

she told him "do you really think jehovah wants you to play war, you can keep one of them but he cant have any guns and fight people"

he replied "nah! its alright mum i'm bored of them now anyway"

i know it not a sad story compared to a "child called it!"

but its something hes never forgotten.

once he'd grown up and left the witness he started collecting toys and as a massive collection of actionman and all the other toys his mum never appproved of.

what about you? or were you lucky and your parents werent so fanatical!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

GI Joe

• Mary
    Mary

A Ouija board.

Ha ha.....actually, my parents were not fanatical Dubs by any stretch of the imagination. When we were kids, Dad bought us the I Dream of Jeannie gameboard which we loved.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

TOY GUNS!!!!

So I grew up and joined the military. hahahahahahaha!

• Scully
    Scully

Never mind the toys, I wanted Count Chocula and Boo Berry cereal.

• Yomax
    Yomax

Fighting toys! Guns, swords, bows'n'arrows, knives, spears, boomerangs, chinese stars, uniforms, grenades, cannons, walkie-talkies. It is our human nature to fight, and kids need a (more or less) harmless way to address these urges. Dubs are in denial if they think otherwise.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was not a witless when I was that age, but I can name a few toys (besides cap guns) that would have been a no-no. Based on what I have seen certain hounders bash, things like sports items were no good. This included things like toy race cars, baseball- and football paraphenalia, and objects that are meant to be thrown in the air. These include frisbees, boomerangs, and gliders (some feel these items promote war). And certain card games would have been about gambling, along with dice games (even though many witlesses play with cards and dice without gambling).

Of course, there is the other factor. "There is nothing wrong with that toy. But, it will take time playing with it that you should be using for field circus." The theory here is, if you make life dull enough, there will be no reason for the child to want to go back home and play. If there is nothing to play with, they will not be so eager to return home--and will stay in field circus that much later. And, when it's time for the boasting session, there will be no toys making them want to stay home for. Instead, it will be boring as hell, and they will be less likely to be distracted. And less likely to be distracted when "preparing" the Kingdumb Misery or Washtowel for the boasting session.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Based on what I have seen certain hounders bash, things like sports items were no good. This included things like toy race cars, baseball- and football paraphenalia, and objects that are meant to be thrown in the air. These include frisbees, boomerangs, and gliders (some feel these items promote war).

None of this is true. Your rants, as amusing as they are at times, often make ex-jws look like raving lunatics. Frisbees? Seriously?

• clarity
    clarity

I usually bought the presents after xmas... on sale. Well you know how jw parents give gifts any old time, not just at holidays ...like the worldly people! lol

So anyway, not only were guns etc forbidden but even the "approved" toys were all sold out by boxing day!! The poor dears never got what they really wanted! God I feel awful about that. grrrrr

clarity

• manthedan
    manthedan

I once got a troll doll at a fast food drive in, me and my sister had to throw them away. I really loved playing with fireworks but for several years I was banned from having them because they were related to the July 4th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit