Are YOU Drastically Different Since Leaving The Witnesses?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I am discovering who I am because it has only been 6 months now. Really....I think I am discovering my inner redneck. I am getting into guns etc. whereas before I never would have. I am getting into gardening whereas before I would have left it to the new world...

• d
    d

I am a lot more politically involved and more outspoken on many issues. I see that relgion is evil but I am not trying to attack anybody's personal beliefs. I am a lot happier.

• Honesty
    Honesty

My JW family members think so.

They refer to me as the son of satan.

• Reality79
    Reality79

I wouldn't say I'm drastically different as such, but I certainly feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel like someone who has been wearing tight clothing all their life suddenly changing into loose fitting silk.

But I would say I'm a nicer guy and not so paranoid of people like I was.

• chickpea
    chickpea

genuine in everything, not trying to force the dissonance
    to make sense or seem a desirable state of existance...

happy, busy, productive, engaged
    in real service to my community
    and the world beyond, political,
    generous, studious, content, and
    utterly relieved to have walked away.....

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

I am now in the stage of not believing in a caring creator, now more Deist, but looking into more extreme versions of mans creation Erich Von Daniken, etc may not prove any more productive, but as I now see the Bible as a Britains got talent, what books got into the new testament, via the council of trent, very wary of books, so for me, all options of belief are equally valid and on the table aswell as nonbelief!

Star Tiger

• psychiatric
    psychiatric

wow minimujs...smash! thatshut him up! lol

• Maze
    Maze

Have you found your soul?

(Matthew 10:39) . . .He that finds his soul will lose it, and he that loses his soul for my sake will find it.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I am more myself. I was always there, just held it in. I am far more happy, much less purposeless guilt, and I try to make more of an effort to be kind and make someone's day if possible. I probably did that to an extent before, but I think the lack of church goin' has me making goals to "pay it forward," which is far more significant.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Matthew 10:39 If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me. The Message Bible

The Message rocks!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit