What is better? Disassociation or Disfellowshipping?

by Quarterback 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DARTH said: I say fug em, both options are just playing into their hands.

WOBBLE said: I am now at the point where the JW cong. means nothing to me, has no authority over me, so why should I even write a DA letter, they are just a silly little cult that I left, I owe them nothing

I say: If you're not out doing something that is gonna get you DFd, I think the FADE allows you to make the point that you are now playing by YOUR rules instead of THEIR rules.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I'm actually very happy to have my name on the list of those that this sick cult has expelled. So glad I couldn't fit in! Let it go down in the annals of history that I have been rejected, just another "lost sheep" that they couldn't care less about, because I had the balls to think for myself. Lest there be no doubt, should anyone ever look into my life at some future time, that I was in no way associated with these judgmental imbeciles.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you decide to PUBLICLY live as a free person, it matters not.

JWs want nothing to do with free people.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I offered to da, but the elders told me not to bother, because they were going to df me instead. This was all because I refused to either stay with a violent, mentally ill jw husband who was threatening to kill me or stalk him until he decided whether to commit adultery or murder. Apparently, the elders jumped the gun and didn't have enough to df me, so they sent my mom to harrass me about returning to the borg. I made a false confession of adultery to get everyone off my back. I'm happy to be df'd, because it showed everyone who knew me, jw and non-jw alike, just how evil this cult is. It's pretty much guaranteed that my non-jw co-workers, boss and relatives will never give the Watchtower the time of day because of it. The same can be said for all the friends I've made in the last 23 years.

• Roddy
    Roddy

Depends on your pride level.

Disassociation means you left them. Disfellowshipping means they kicked you out. Both means they announce you out at the next Service Meeting.

I've known those that during their Judicial Meeting they went out in a Blaze Of Glory giving those elders a earfull after earfull of their sins and being proud of that or giving them a well researched talk of WTS errors which they cannot disprove making those elders speechless.

Others simply left and never looked back.

I took the third alternative - I dropped out. And it's been so long they haven't given me a Shepherding Call for years.

• Roddy
    Roddy

I thought of something. Sorry to change the subject. Maybe this could be its own subject thread? I sometimes keep my ear to the ground hearing some of the local grapevine of my congregation and other congregations in my circuit. Some elders have quit returning to the rank of publisher. I know of two who simply quit the religion. I have to think that all the Judicial Meetings on apostacy is having an effect. I think I see why someone mentioned why elders simply accept disassociation rather than try to meet with you to "discuss" your problem with your faith and try to change your thinking. I think this is quite an about-face from the past when elders were encouraged to help those who are "weak in their faith". Well, I thought it was interesting.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Think of it in terms of the Pepsi and Coke debate.

Rub a Dub

• ballistic
    ballistic

OK, I know you wont get this joke in the USA but...

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50499_192746829071_4548444_n.jpg

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I chose DA and put the sticky note on the KH door so that "they" would see. It worked they all knew I DA myself when the announcment was made. For me I wanted to say I don't want to be known as a JW. But, it was extreamly hard on my JW brother when he found out. Getting DF you have hope choosing DA not so much hope.

• Quarterback

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit