Misanthrophy

by d 15 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec
    I wish I could do something about the injustice in the world but I know I am powerless to do anything because the problem are just too big for us to handle.

I can just about guarantee that the one person you might help won't think your efforts are pointless, or that you are powerless. You will have made a difference in their life.

People are not generally nasty, D. There are people out there dedicating their time and effort into making life better for others. We just don't hear their stories as often as we hear the bad ones. How many people, after Japan, do you think stepped up to help just one other person? Heroic.

Tammy

• d
    d

I just feel that for every one that tries to help their are about 1,000 others that want to screw it up.So I just feel that with all the injustice why bother caring.We will never get out of our cycle of war and poverty.

• tec
    tec
    So I just feel that with all the injustice why bother caring.We will never get out of our cycle of war and poverty.

Not with that attitude, no.

(okay, that makes me sound like such a mom, lol)

D - Just help those you can. They'll be grateful, and in turn, perhaps want to help someone else as well. Act out of love, since love begets love. Not always, I know, but if you just give up, then it won't do anything good to anyone. Don't worry so much about what others are doing. You'll just depress yourself (like you are), or grow resentful and angry. (you don't want to go down that path either)

You obviously care, or you wouldn't be upset. Just remember... little things go a long way. You might not see it, someone else might get that pleasure, but it is true.

Tammy

• d
    d

I guess your right tec but you see corruption is so rapid in all institutions that a good is squeezed right out of it. All good people off and the evil is led to run amok in our world. So I have just thrown up my hands and say to myself forget it.

• d
    d

People are like a living walking virus. I like people in ever decreasing amounts. I realize this as I get older.

• undercover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit