Misanthrophy

by d 15 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

This is a distrust in people. I experience this more as I get older and I am only 20 yrs old. Does anybody else feel this way.I just see that people are not truly nasty and that things will never get any better.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What is your REAL reason for asking this?

• leapofthefrog
    leapofthefrog

I was gonna reply to your question, but I'm not sure if I trust you.

• Tempered
    Tempered

Distrust is a good thing, especially at 20

• d
    d

I was wondering do you guys and ladies also feel that people just are corrupt and not meant to be trusted.

http://youtu.be/PUE7BR7ovt0

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Periodically I go through it. Some days I feel a loathing toward the human race that I cant quite explain. I believe some of it is due to the JW background. It's hard to view people with compassion when your waiting on God to destroy them. There's so much reinforcement in this religion of us vs them, True Christian vs Counterfeit Christian, believer vs unbeliever, being in The Truth vs worldly, etc.. Sometimes you forget that these are people we're talking about!! With feelings, families, children, concerns, problems. There's a lot of good people on this planet who've done a lot of good things for their fellow man, and we forget that way too easily because the rotton apples are the ones that make news stories. More nonJWs have done more for their fellow man and contributed positive things to the human race than JWs have.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You only need a HEALTHY measure of skepticism.

More than 90% of folks are decent human beings.

• d
    d

I just feel that the more things change the they will stay the same. I often realize as I get older that issues such as World hunger and war will never stop and poverty will continue to plaque the human race.So I feel that their can be no point in trying to stop it.It is actually really depressing when you think about it. As children we are filled with innocence and view the world in a naive sense unknown to the fact that somewhere across the world a child is cold and hungry.How is that fair? How is it fair that some people have too much food, while some child say in Africa or South America is starving this makes me angry.I wish I could do something about the injustice in the world but I know I am powerless to do anything because the problem are just too big for us to handle.

Sorry had to vent

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

It is only out of desperate necessity that I will trust anybody.

LRG

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Trust or not to trust, is that the question?

Why remain a part of civilization then? Better to find a cave and backstep into our history with that view.

There are problems. Always will be. But why does that deserve trustlessness?

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit