Had the magazines left at my house today and wanted to "SCREAM" after reading this article in the May 1,2011 WT

by StoneWall 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

The article that caught my eye as I was thumbing through it was on page 18 entitled "A Peaceable People Defend Their Good Name"

This was all about the issues being addresssed in Russia and how the J.W.'s were being oppressed/repressed.

But if you look in the box to the left under "A Note to the Citizens of Russia", you will see that they quote the scripture in Luke 12:2 "There is nothing carefully concealed that will not be revealed, and secret that will not become known."

In other words they are trying to say that they're going to expose the hidden agenda that Russia has against them and make them a mockery to rest of the civilized world because Russia dared to defy them and stand up to them. (seriously read the article and see what you think)

So basically it's not ok for Russia to oppress them but when it's the WTBTS doing the oppressing to former members who no longer buy into their "message" then its totally acceptable. Sounds like two sets of scales to me. (or double standards)

There's even a box on page 19 that ask "Do you think they are Extremist Publications?" and it list various WT publications that Russia apparently thinks is/are.

And to top it all off....get ready for it....in box on page 21 it ends with this sentence all to itself. And I'm going to quote it word for word.

"There is no excuse for repression."

P.S. If anyone can post a scan of this article that I'm referring to, I'd be very appreciative. It is the public edition WT not study edition.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yep, Awake or Watchtower magazines will do that to you, the only answer to that is don't read them for you know well of

corruption and deceit within the articles. The only solution is to quickly trash them and make sure no children pick them up.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I wonder why they don't go ahead with the next verse in chapter 12 of Luke.

In verse 3 it states according to NWT "Wherefor what things you say in the darkness will be heard in the light, and what you whisper in private rooms will be preached from the housetops."

Is this not what we've beeen saying for years on this site and others like it.

About the society's secret Elders book and the secret letters to Elders from headquarters that the rank and file brothers and sisters in the congregations are not allowed access to.

Funny how the one scripture we harped on for so long, that the WTBTS is trying to use a play book from our strategy.

I wonder how many from headquarters are reading this and other threads on here right now.

They must keep up with our ever increasing light to their ways..

• therevealer
  • therevealer
  • therevealer
  • therevealer
  • StoneWall
    StoneWall

Thank you for posting that therevealer !

Thats the article. How can anyone read that article and not see the blatant double standards,hypocrisy,deceit or whatever they wish to call it?

Why oh why did it take me so many years to figure out the truth about the "truth".

They harp about freedom of speech and religion but do not wish their own members to have that same luxury.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I wonder what the detailed reasons of the Russian Govt are for this concern? Any more info anywhere?

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

mamalove,

Here's a link to a thread that was started a year ago detailing some of the things the Russian government were going after the witnesses for.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/185609/1/Jehovahs-Witnesses-are-banned-in-Russia

Hope this helps on your question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit