Reporting Time Weekly

by Marvin Shilmer 16 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

That makes sense Lost Generation,

but when I started slackin' up on my field service they called theirselves "encouraging" me by lettin'

me know that I would be blood guilty and would not make it to paradise if I didn't share in the preaching

work by goin' out in field service which includes countin' time. That's how they broke it down to the sheep in the cong I attended

but the truth would be what you stated above, which didn't have a darn thing to do with gainin' salvation

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

George writes:

“Anyone who didn't report during the first week of the month had a little 'encouraging talk' from the Assistant Congregation Servant. It was his job to collect the reports and maintain the Publisher Record Cards and put the figures on the Chart.”

We used paste from bottles with those little wedge-shaped rubber tips to glue numbers onto the board; it was a mess of a job, not to mention time consuming. I don’t miss those days one bit. Even today congregation secretaries dread the end of the month, and what they have to do can be done sitting in a lounge chair!

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

That is known Wasblind as:

"The beatings shall continue until morale improves"

It may as well be printed right below the Watchtower logo

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I remember that! Not sure if it was in the late 1980's or early 1990's. The tyranical PO at that time (and my arch enemy when I was an elder) really pushed this. He would use a scripture from one of the first books of the OT when Jehovah told the Israelites what to do........"and they did just so!"

I don't miss any of that high control BS.

HappyDad

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Wow...that brings back memories! I remember being "counseled" for not itemizing my time and placements on those forms as painstakingly as I was expected to...sheesh, what a drag!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

We used paste from bottles with those little wedge-shaped rubber tips to glue numbers onto the board;

That's right. The numbers, red and black, were supplied in sheets by the WTS and you had to carefully cut them out ready for pasting in position.

A couple of years ago an elder asked me "If Armageddon came tomorrow, do you think you are doing enough FS to get through?" Not long after this he was disfellowshipped!

George

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks Marvin.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit