Reporting Time Weekly

by Marvin Shilmer 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Reporting Time Weekly

Today I uploaded a new article onto my blog recounting the days when Watchtower had Witnesses turning in field service reports on a weekly basis.

The article is titled Reporting Time Weekly and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/reporting-time.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• snowbird
    snowbird

What exacting taskmasters!

Lord, have mercy on them.

Syl

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

My mother put my first one in my baby book. No sh--uh, kidding. I wonder if she made a copy to turn in?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Thanks!! I didn't know it was weekly at one point. That would have been a clerical nightmare, and I remember Blondie mentioning the display boards for everyone to see. That would suck. Not to say this religion doesn't still suck, but that aspect would be especially irritating.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

NRFG writes:

"That would have been a clerical nightmare..."

That's an understatement if there ever was one. I have vivid memories of the whole thing, and it was a colossal waste of time.

Marvin Shilmer

• St George of England
    St George of England

Anyone who didn't report during the first week of the month had a little 'encouraging talk' from the Assistant Congregation Servant. It was his job to collect the reports and maintain the Pubisher Record Cards and put the figures on the Chart.

George

• free2beme
    free2beme

Never understood the value in tracking all the time. Even when I Pioneered. As I can see no value in it in any way.

• wasblind
    wasblind

St George,

don't you know by now, that those field service reports are your only salvation ???

Never mind what Jesus thought he gave as a gift,....... scratch that. If you can't show

how much time you spent in the ministry, you will not survive the Big "A"

you have not proved that you earned your salvation

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Never understood the value in tracking all the time. Even when I Pioneered. As I can see no value in it in any way.

Its only of value to the overall pyramid structure of the WT organization. Each level keeps tabs on the level below, making sure they are meeting their monthly quota, whatever that may be. Those who aren't measuring up can be "encouraged" properly. Its all to benefit the leaders on top of the pyramid, with additional benefits to those close to the top.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Damn,

When it says Weekly it means Weekly.

Monday through Sunday and the 8th row is for totals. No chance for rest.

What a freaking waste of time.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit