Lack of take up of Advance Directive forms

by billyboy 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• cantleave
    cantleave

Billyboy - I was an Elder in Hampshire No1 circuit - I'm curious?

• stapler99
    stapler99

They used to hand them out at or after the weekday Kingdom hall meeting, but they were signed and witnessed at the book study. Could someone please explain what happened to this arrangement, now the bookstudy has been abolished?

I don't see how they could claim to a court of law that the blood policy is a conscience matter. There has to be enough evidence to show otherwise.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They cannot simply abandon their doctrine, they would be sued in to oblivion....

I think they could change the doctrine........

.........change it to what they already PUBLICLY say it is -- A PERSONAL CONSCIENTIOUS DECISION -- and leave it at that!

If you make the "wrong" decision (in their eyes), they disqualify you for PRIVILEGES (pioneer, elder, MS).

Or, make it like BEDROOM decisions..........PRIVATE. Stay the hell out of the lives of the R&F members.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Stay the hell out of the lives of the R&F members.

That would be no way to run a cult.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Stay the hell out of the lives of the R&F members.

That would be no way to run a cult.

ROFLMAO

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

For years, every January, they would have a part on the service meeting where they would discuss the stand against blood then hand out the new cards. The book study overseer would insure each and every person in his group had a signed card. And while they had that arrangement, I always carried my card. Some years ago, some time in the last decade, they did away with that arrangement. People who really wanted a card had to fill out an advanced directive which was quite lengthy.

Personally, once they stopped handing them out at meetings it lost its importance to me. If they relied upon the rank and file to be motivated enough to take care of that decision, I knew the vast majority were not going to do it. I didn't. I used to worry about getting in an accident or something and being faced with that decision without an advanced directive. I am glad I don't have to worry about that any more.

I was doing chair massage for the Red Cross last week and have decided to give blood. I think it's the right thing to do.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Is it possible that a pubic fade of the Blood Doctrine is in the works?

Consider the policy if a baptized publisher joins the military. That person is considered to have DA themselves. Same as being DFd. You won't find any public statement on this policy. No meeting parts. If it happens, elders convene to determine if it is true (2 witnesses) and announcement is made regarding DA. There is no doubt that this is WT policy. We all know it. I believe it is in the "secret" elders' book. But where is it publicly stated?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

@blondie: The congregation used to be encouraged to make out the Directives and give a copy to the Secretary. Not sure about now but this was the case a couple of years ago.

It bothered me then. This a supposed to be a personal decision and the form contains personal conscience matters,... so WHY does the secretary NEED to have a copy of it? The wording in the KM articles (UK) gave the impression "MAY" give a copy to the secretary, but in the meeting items themselves it was always made out to be a requirement.

I never gave them copies, even when I was "in." When asked once about that by an elder, I replied that my medical records were none of his business. It really irritated me even though I was no where near leaving the org. at the time.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Is it possible that a pubic fade of the Blood Doctrine is in the works?

Isn't there a "covert" (the proper use of the word) committee of presently-serving "elders" who have been trying to change the WTBTS' position for years? I remember their acronym being something like "AWJRB" or something like that? Do they still exist? If so, have the made any in-roads/progress within the organization?

An inquiring mind wants to know...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Did the WTS use the word "coercion?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit