What percentage of young ones are leaving the JW's???

by karter 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

In my area atleast 50% if not more.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not a high enough percentage.

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

i'm going to be one that is going to leave, they did not earn my respect, lie, correction, teaching i can't have worldly friends, no snowboard competitions, no singing anthem, crazy believes, what more is there to say,

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

reflecting on my experiences within my home congregation....... Including myself and individuals who were either older or younger than myself by at most a decade, I count a total of 24 people in that particular Kingdom Hall. Check out these figures, and I have to say I'm surprised by these numbers now that I've written them out. This is crazy, wow!

3 disfellowshipped

6 baptized yet faded with no intention on coming back, some occasionally showing up at the Memorial

10 unbaptized, and faded with no intention on coming back, some occasionally showing up at the Memorial

1 serving where the need is great

1 struggling, wants a husband in the worst way

2 elders *

1 accidental death, but often speculated upon as a suicide. We'll never know.

Not to mention the people I've known in other congregations who I've went to school with, or been to gatherings with. Houston, or maybe I should say, Brooklyn....we have a problem.

* one of which is an undercover apostate.

• glentrevette
    glentrevette

snowboaarder no snowboarding competitions they properly dont want you to smoke pot either how can you stand it

• sabastious
    sabastious

I have realized that Witnesses are unknowingly molded by their temporary grasp and subsequent loss of friendship and love throughout their lives. When a Witnesses chooses to "stay put" natural cause and effect creates enmity between them and anyone who's path brings them away from the Watchtower. In their hearts they know that taking the "Witness stand" is the cause of their pain. It's sad, to me, that some never fully realize that the hurting they feel is created within themselves. The pain comes from the fantasy of Disfellowshipping (or any shunning hybrid they have personally created) and anytime emotional pain is brought on by a fantasy it can be turned off, and on, like a light switch.

In reality no one forces the Witnesses to shun, but they choose to shun for a variety of reasons depending on the past and present circumstance of the shunner. It's their consistant choices (which they don't admit are choices) that gives energy and momentum to the pain of loosing loved ones to the "world."

-Sab

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

You know what guys, it really depends on the local congregation, or area. My area seems to be chock full of happy witnesses, and indeed, they really do seem happy. From the kids all the way up. But, even if they sometimes seem dissatisfied, they would never think of leaving...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You know what guys, it really depends on the local congregation, or area.

Congregational inconsistency is one of the Watchtower's cardinal flaws.

-Sab

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

In my family 100%

• nugget
    nugget

Knows nothing witnesses are very good at hiding issues. I was unaware of the high volume of immorality and unhappiness in our local congregation until we left.

I have been in congregations I thought were exemplary in showing brotherly love, I found out later the problems were only just beneath the surface. After all witnesses are imperfect people struggling with issues each day and are a cross section of society therefore there is a degree of natural wastage it is inevitable. In addition because consequences for leaving are high fading is preferred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit