Most Overblown Examples Used at Assemblies

by What Now? 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Someone always used the example of a person who committed fornication just one time and caught AIDS!!!

Then the audiance would gasp!!!!!!

ahhhhhh!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That the witlesses made such grand sacrifices to pio-sneer. Usually, they gave up college or a decent job. Usually, they end up living destitute and enjoy nothing--and leave nothing to their children or grandchildren (except debt).

And, to me, that is absurd. It is one thing if force of circumstances make a person poor--or they simply lacked access to proper information or the Rothschilds deliberately withheld correct information so they could lose all their wealth. But, to preach people directly into poverty so they can leave nothing and enjoy nothing, and then glorify it right in front of the audience, simply defies common sense. They are going to regret it, hyperinflation or no hyperinflation, if they give up their chance for a decent job. Throw in hyperinflation, and they are going to make an already wretched situation even worse.

Especially when their own Bible actually condones a degree of materialism (just not where you are pilfering it or wasting so much time pursuing material things that you are left with no time to enjoy it). Proverbs 13:22 actually hints that good people leave an inheritance to children and grandchildren, requiring some materialism. Jesus did not have the people that buried their wealth put such wealth in an account that belonged to a religion--he gave it to the industrious person that did multiply such wealth. That alone hints that earning material things, in its place, is perfectly fine. And, in its place means being able to enjoy such wealth, not just barely making it so you can pio-sneer (as is glorified at the a$$emblies).

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

I agree the examples given on the stage about turning down education and careers and railing against "materialism" is so embarrassing, its hard to even read it. Don't you feel so sorry for the innocent children who grow up in this unhealthy environment and have no chance at building a responsible and healthy life?

I don't know if you heard the UTube talk given by Ciro Alicino (spelling), he was my old table foot in Bethel. He was talking about the birds eating all the dead bodies after the GT, and of course there are too many corpses laying around for all of the birds to consume. So God will most likely use "ANTI-MATTER" to dispose of everyone. Now that is so rich, I can't begin to tell you. And of course it means God will wipe out all the GAYS and LESBIANS, he said with much enthusiasm.

Oh you have to love that good old time Religion. Ignorant bastards,,,

• pontoon
    pontoon

Jomavrick, your old table foot Ciro sounds as crazy as GB Losch who said in a talk that Jeh would used radiation to rot peoples eyes. They must feel the need to make crap up.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" It has always freaked me and my sister out when, at the assemblies, the speaker goes through this engerized, THE-BIG-A-IS-ALMOST-HERE diatribe and everyone breaks out into feverish applause. It was pretty scary to know that 8,000 people were sitting around us, wishing for billions of people's death."

Hello there Iconoclast

I wonder what kind of applause the speaker would get if he asked

" How many here honestly believe the end will come in their lifetime"

just wonderin'

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

" How many here honestly believe the end will come in their lifetime"

Crickets, except for just ONE person. My bat-crazy grandmother.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Iconoclast

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How many here honestly believe the end will come in their lifetime"

That was actually asked from the stage?

-Sab

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I always hated those soliloquys about the people who were almost "tricked" into doing the actual smart thing but thought better of it. Funny thing is, most of the people who performed them participated in activites and such that they were downplaying as wicked doings of worldly people.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The brother used an example of a young girl who went to university, began going to bars, and ended up getting drugged and gang raped -

But thats OK, Im sure the elders lovingly DFd her to keep the congo clean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit