1st Cen. Christianity - One Organization

by StandFirm 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maksym
    maksym

@ 20571pnt428571

I thank you for your time you have given to post your responses. I don't mean to be rude but you are just using circular logic. It makes no sense.

Example:

The Bible teaches ( insert doctrine here ).

Jehovah's Witnesses believe in ( insert same doctrine as above here).

Jehovah's Witnesses follow the Bible and have the truth.

Anybody that understands a little about philosophy and rhetoric knows that this equation is false.

Peace

Maksym

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

While a direct lineage is always impressive visually ( and coming from over 30years in the Martial arts I knwo soemthing about how much value people place on lineages), it doesn't change the fact that the Holy Spirit is what makes one a believer, that seals one, that gives us the gifts we are to use.

As Christ said, "you will need no one to teach you for the holy spirit shall be your teacher".

Now, that doesn't mean that the HS will teach us EVERYTHING we need to know, the HS teaches Us if what we hear and are being taught is true, the HS guides Us and opens our heart and mind and sprit to the WORD of God, his Son Jesus Christ.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I'm afraid that is not the answer. I have ask you who gave you the Bible, meaning the Biblical Canon that consists the 76 Books of the Hebrew and Greek scriptures...

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The JWs gave us the bible, didn't they?

Yes, I'm almost certain that is the message that they try to send.

And they are the only true Christians,

They are the prophet of God

ANd they love you,

And the check is in the mail,

And I promise not to -=? in your mouth

• ixthis
    ixthis

TTWSYF - are you sincere with your posts?

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

The JWs gave us the bible, didn't they?

Yes, and they're doing book signings in a Barnes & Noble near you!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

ixthis -I'm sicere insomuch as I have had JWs asking me 'Who brings you the bible?' 'Who is going door to door with the scriptures?'

When I reply that the bible is a catholic book and that JWs come to the door with the watchtower, I get a queer look from them.

When I ask 'why do you go door to door with a catholic book, I get a queer look.

When I ask why JWs look back to the dark ages and dump on The Church, but will not look 75 years back in JW history, I get a queer look.

When I ask 'why did Jesus look at all the churches back in 1914 to find who was giving spiritual food when he promised that HIS church would last for all ages?' I get a queer look.

When I mention that the apostles baptised entire families and households at once. I get a queer look.

It seems like there is a lot of 'queerness' in the WTS doctrines.

I'm trying to find something that they believe that is true, I mean, come on, even a broken clock is right twice a day, right?

dc

• jgnat
    jgnat

www.gideons.org 1.6 billion bibles placed around the world.

http://www.jesusfilm.org/

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

@jgnat

Yeah, but the Bible is old hat. The Society gives us new light. Isn't this quote precious?

The world is full of Bibles, which Book contains the commandments of God. Why, then, do the people not know which way to go? Because they do not also have the teaching or law of the mother, which is light. Jehovah God has provided his holy written Word for all mankind and it contains all the information that is needed for men in taking a course leading to life. But God has not arranged for that Word to speak independently or to shine forth life-giving truths by itself. His Word says: “Light is sown for the righteous.” It is through his organization that God provides this light that the proverb says is the teaching or law of the mother. If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother. w5/1/1957 p274
  • yknot
    yknot

Maybe it is just me.....

I believe 1pnt is "sincere" in their profession but can he/she demonstrate that they have accurate knowledge of present WTS doctrine, interpretation and policy.

I mean all the Bible talk, intellectualizing and scripture posting ain't worth nothing in the WTS if it is not fully aligned with present teachings.

(1pnt.... you seem to like giving really long responses.....should I have missed your response explaining your JW affliation, please repost or allert me to page and post number. Thank you in avance for your cooperation!)

I do think Standfirm could be a great addition to JWN's voices.......however he felt 'mobbed' and he felt he couldn't do justice in responding to all.

All in all he has an active account here and perhaps his return will be tempered to a comment here and there versus trying to spear-head larger topics that literally pit one man against many.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit