Recent activities at the laundermat and Payless shoe store

by loosie 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

Ok last time I went to the laudermat all I found was a trifold tract from the Jw's. they gave me so much room to write ( why do they do that?) I wrote on there "when will you Jw's stop leaving mags and tracts at this laundermat"...lol I wonder what will be there next week.

My friends works part time at payless shoe store. One lady was there with her daughter and had 4 different sizes of little girls shoes out on the floor. My friend offered to help measure her daughters feet to see what size she wore... the lady said no thanks I know what size she wears. ( really why do you have 4 different sizes down then). The lady left w/o buying anything... not so unusal. My friend went back to that ailse to see if any shoes needed to be put away. She found Jw tracts stuffed in the kids shoe boxes and mags left under the boxes on the shelf.

Now is that just sneaky or what. When I was in we never would have done that. How Rude.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

wow that is strange! screams cult to me!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The laundromat might be interesting. When I was in school, there was ladies' room graffiti in the stalls. Somehow a dialogue emerged on one wall of a stall. It started with hooray for lesbians or hot lesbians sign here with telephone numbers. Another student responded. Soon, they were discussing philosophy on the bathroom stall wall. It was very interesting. What if someone answers you back? I find it humorous and I'm certain you distracted the person from the Witness teachings.

Have they ever, ever used humor? The White House Correspondents dinner was so funny. The Jon Stewart Show, Colbert. Even the Sec'y of Defense or Obama use humor. The WTBTS certainly takes itself seriously.

• steve2
    steve2

Perhaps the JWs didn't leave the tracts in the boxes or the laundromat. It could have been an anti-JW mouse intent on further damanging the witnesses reputation. I can see it now: Fields of little mice acquiring copies of disused Watchtower literature at the landfill, carrying the literature back to the local laundromat and shoe store and, when the lights are low, stuffing the tracts here and there. My question would be: Should any animal - yes, even a mouse - who takes part in the spreading of the "good news" be rewarded in the new system?

• Angharad
    Angharad

Probably counting time while getting her shopping done !

• loosie
    loosie

Payless for your shoes... but pay more for your loss of self respect

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

They put the magazines in shoe boxes in an attempt to save some soles. ( and wound up making heels of themselves)

• loosie
    loosie

lol XYZ

• steve2
    steve2

I'm sticking with my mice hypothesis. It's better than the screaming cult hypothesis. Christians of all shapes and sizes do weird things in the name of their "truth". Christianity has got to be one of the most self-embarrasing belief systems around. The urge to spread a sickly vengeful message that most people have the good sense to find utterly ridiculous: If it were a movie, it'd be x rated what with all the sacrificing, nailing, blood, dying and utlimate judgement. Sounds like the kind of movie Bruce Willis would star in. Little wonder mice could probably do a better job...

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

If I owned a store and someone did that I would be furious. I would call up the local congregation and complain. I would also put up a No Soliciting sign that specifically mentioned religious materials.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit