607 wrong using ONLY the bible (and some common sense)

by Witness My Fury 492 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

Alwayshere:

TD, use 539 and count forward with 17,35,4,2, 43, and 21.
    How do you get 646?

Since you've stated exactly how you would get 646, I'm going to assume that was rhetorical(?)

How do we get 539? If we accept the conclusions of archaeologists on this, then by extension, we are also accepting the data and methods they use to arrive at that date.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Thats the trouble with the Watchtower, they always "assume"

instead of proving what they say.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Here is a reference to calculate back from the solid date of 539 through the kings of Babylon to the beginning of Nebuchadnezzar's rule, using only Watchtower literature.

• TD
    TD
    Thats the trouble with the Watchtower, they always "assume"
    instead of proving what they say.

Okay, obviously I didn't have enough coffee this morning.

Could you explain?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

The Insight Book vol.1 page 458 2nd paragraph says,

you can count forward or backward from a pivotal point and

goes on to say 539 is a pivotal point. So use 539 and

count up with the years you used 17,35,4,2,43, and 21.

How do you get 646?

• TD
    TD

Okay I see now.. I think there's been a misunderstanding.

I was quoting the adjusted king-list provided by djeggnog.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

So when was King Neb. 1st year to rule?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Alwayshere,

Conventional dating put's Neb's accession to the throne in 605 BCE (his 1st full year, therefore, is 604 BCE).

WTS dating puts his accession to 625 BCE (his 1st full year, therefore, would be 624 BCE).

This means that, according to the WTS' system, there are 20 extra years unaccounted for if the conventional lengths of reign for each king is accepted. djeggnog fills in these missing 20 years by arbitrarily lengthening Nabonidus' and Belshazzar's reigns.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm rereading The Gentile Times Reconsidered,.... Chapter 5 covers all this EXACTLY.

I'd forgotten how thoroughly the biblical analysis was there tbh as I found all the info in the book overwhelming 1st time around having mainly concerned myself with the evidence presented.

Now rereading it carefully and having previously done my own open eyed study of all the relavent sections in the bible, I can now see Mr Jonson has it nailed. The logic is overwhelming once the blinkers come off.

I highly recommend the book. Eggnog if you havent read it then I suggest you do and like me probably more than once to get the full sense of it.

You may want to cross reference Egyption history against the bible accounts as well when it mentions the various pharoahs... not by just adding 20 years to ALL the worlds history like the WTS likes to do either!

In answer to my own problem,... yes you can disprove 607 using just the bible and some common sense. ...But it does require a willingness to SEE what the bible actually says.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

AnnOMaly, Yes Neb's 1st year was 605 and 605-539= 66. and 43years 2years,4years and 17years=66years. Also 605- 66=539.

607 is easy to prove wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit