Registered to Vote...

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 13 Replies latest jw friends

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I always complained anyway...even though I wasnt supposed to have an opinion.

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

I registered a few years ago. Pushing those buttons was like being a kid in the elevator pushing the buttons. WooHoo

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I'm a proud voter. I have no declared party affiliation, so that means here in Florida, I'm SOL when it comes to primaries. I try and participate in all elections, though national elections seem a bit like mental masturbation - it feels good right after you do it, but then comes a feeling of senslessness and shame....

Anyhow, welcome to having a voice! You might really enjoy getting involved in serving your local community on mayoral boards, city council, etc.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I did too when I changed my license over...

Then the town mailed out a thingy that states who lives in the house and what they do for work, whether they're registered to vote, etc... So that we could double-check and make corrections if needed. My dad saw I was registered and he was like "Uh, what's this? It's says you registered to vote??". I said "Yup...you did too!" and he sputtered "Yeah but...that was when I was worldly!" so I said "Well, most of the JW's consider me that now anyway, so what's the difference?"...no comment lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit