Registered to Vote...

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 13 Replies latest jw friends

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I registered to vote today. It all came from my political science class I am taking in College. The more I heard the more I wanted to vote. It's going to be kind of cool to have a voice...

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

Especially when you have kids and realize that many local gov't decisions are based on who is in office (think of their education). I used to hate politicians and the whole "voting" thing taught from the cult. Then I realized I have a duty to better my community by voting locally. Congrats.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

I signed up too! Congrats and it only took me 30+ years to come around on it. We do have a voice, why not use it?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I personally believe it's far more than local Haulin'. National outcomes shape state and local needs. In my lifetime, this has never been more evident than now.

I always made an event out of voting with my children and husband. We had a special dinner and a trip to the polls together.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

What ever you do just don't vote like Beks...**oh crap duck**

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Seee!! I was able to leave out partisanship! I merely acknowledged the importance of voting.

But if anyone wants some advice on how to vote................

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

ummmm...walk into the voting booth and push the buttons???

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Which buttons my dear, which buttons?

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

OH don't get me started my California Goddess...

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Congratulations, Pyramid! Now you, too, will have the right to complain about the bums who get elected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit