Can I Introduce..'Rummy'...New Poster

by ISP 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Yes, I would like to introduce a long standing friend of mine who has stopped attending meetings. He missed out on education opportunities because he pioneered at 16. He stopped when he was 24. By then it had taken its toll. It had cost him his marriage.

ISP

• Rummy
    Rummy

Hi I am currently an "inactive" jw . As you may know from ISP I am a long standing friend of his.... in fact we have pioneered together in the past ( an drunk together ... even better )He is helping me to break free from guilt depression etc connected with being jw all my life . I am open to suggestions as regards re-starting some kind of n
    ew life,education etc !! Please feel free to contact me , reply etc

Rummy

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Well, welcome Rummy! I hope this board is as good for you as it has been for me. It's not perfect but you'll find your place soon enough. Glad to hear your ready to leave the Borg good luck to you!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Scully
    Scully

Welcome to the neighbourhood, Rummy.

Hope you enjoy your visits with us.

Love, Scully

In the desert things find a way to survive. Secrets are like this too. They work their way up through the sands of deception so men can know them. - The X Files

• waiting
    waiting

Why Rummy........you're just a youngun!

If you want to go to school.......go for it. I'm (cough) older than y'all, and am going back to college, as I stopped going when I became a jw at age 20. Go figure.

As I'm sure ISP taught you, this is a wide-open place. Just read what & where you like. If you find yourself in a thread not to your taste......go elsewhere. Many to choose from - that's for sure!

It's a great thing that you and ISP are friends in Real Life also. Funny thing about that old saying "Misery loves company." Sooner than you think......the jw misery is just a past thing.

24, eh? Damn! All 3 of my kids are older than you........

Nice to meet you, and welcome.

waiting

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hi rummy :) welcome to the board. sit back, buckle your selt belt and enjoy the ride. my advice is to read all you can, but be ready for strong emotional responses. freedom is a wonderful thing. just enjoy yourself. maybe take a class you always wanted to. i wish you the best of luck.

:)
    Harmony

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi Rummy and welcome! Any friend of ISP's is a friend of mine. I am also "inactive", stopped attending meetings a few years ago. My email is open, so if you ever want to ask questions or whatever, feel free to email me.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Welcome aboard, Rummy. I look forward to reading your posts.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Hi Rummy, Welcome. I am sure you will learn a great deal here. Mostly people are very nice. Some are a bit bad tempered and some are a bit crude and some ....... oh well, you will soon learn the ropes.

best wishes
    Marilyn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Rummy,welcome to the board.ISP says your his bud and thats good with me...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit