An absolute nightmare!

by MrFreeze 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I had one of the most vivid nightmares that I can remember in a long time. There I was driving with my family. They are dressed in their Sunday finest. Im dressed in tshirt, shorts and flip flops. That was odd because I never wear flip flops. Anywho, we pull up to a large building which seems familiar. We walk inside and holy crap, its the district convention. I always attended the DC in Cleveland. Some of you may have been there. I was walking around inside the arena section and not the hallways. The meeting was already in progress. I could feel all 7000 eyes on me. The speaker stops and points to me and says "what joy we have when a sinner repents!" the crowd bursts into applause. After the assembly I get back to the cheap motel we were staying at and my mom says "arent you glad you are back". We go out to eat and its my whole congregation at one long time. They each take turns making comments about me. Saying things like I was foolish for ever leaving.

It seems stupid in retrospect but I woke up in horror thinking I actually went back. Has anybody else had any nightmares like this. I cant stop thinking about it.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Should read at one long table. I dont have my internet yet at my new place and its hard to type this out on my Droid.

• flipper
    flipper

MRFREEZE- Yeah, I've had nightmares like this , mostly right after I exited the Witnesses in 2003. It's part of the normal healing process in gradually eliminating subconscious fear and guilt from our inner mind. It takes time, but over time you will dream of being a JW less and less. Now when I have dreams- I'm NEVER a JW in the dream. The more you read stuff like Steve Hassan's books and replace in your mind good and helpful info- the more gradually the JW mindset will leave- even in dreams. Hang in there kiddo

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I have dreams where I'm visiting somewhere on vacation and my family's there along with several old friends and they ignore me, or they doing something that's going to hurt them but they won't listen. Or I'm watching one of them do something horrible but no one else will believe me. They're mostly just frustrating; the whole I wish I could tell them what I know but they wouldn't even hear me if I could tell them.

I've never had a dream where I went back, or even about a meeting or convention. Interesting you were in flip flops. Why do you think that was? About like being nude, especially at a convention.

edited

• White Dove
    White Dove

I have similar dreams sometimes about getting back together with my X.

I wake up so relieved that it was just a very weird dream.

I've been divorced since '95.

Don't you think it's time these live it again dreams are done?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yes I have . . . but not for a while . . . glad you realised it was a dream before doing something drastic!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

I remember a while ago waking from a nightmare sobbing. In the dream I was telling my mother that one of my brothers had died. I was so overcome with grief that it was suffocating me and that suffocating feeling woke me. For a second I was confused as to what was reality.

I think it was my subconcious grieving the loss of my family to the religion. But in the dream I was able to actually talk to my mother about this and she wouldn't be going against the religion, because the death of a family member is something considered serious.

I love my family so much and miss my brothers making me laugh. It hurts so bad some times.

Dreams are so fascinating I could talk all day about it

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've had dreams where I'm at field service or a meeting or convention but I'm always the odd one out - in my dreams I know it's not "the truth" yet everyone else around me seems oblivious to me or anything I say.

And yes, I'm often dressed in casual clothes or even nakkid

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Those kind of dreams are the way in which the brain slowly empties the trash bin. Fear, guilt, cognitive dissonance are eliminated that way.

• outlawwilly
    outlawwilly

Oddly enough, I have had vivid dreams about going back just recently as well. Mine always revolves around the work I did with the building committee, so I am always doing some sort of free skilled labour. Just last night, I was helping build the WBTS railroad lines. (odd I know) Had to hurry and get through the phase we were doing, because I had the #4 talk last night and could not miss it. )))Shudders(((

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit