Did Jesus make wine or grape juice

by jam 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

Proverbs 23;31-33, commands, "do not look on the wine when it is red,

when it sparkles in the cup and goes down smoothly. At the last it

bites like a serpent, and stings like an adder (viper). Your eyes will see

strange things, and your mind utter perverse things.

So did JC make fermented wine at the wedding or did he

give A 120 gallons of fresh unfermented grape juice for A

wedding gift.

Deut.32;32 says fermented wine is poison, but this was from

the fields of Gomorrah. I know this is A crazy thought, right.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Jam: What does the biblical text say he made? And reading the context should tell you. --Inkie

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

He didn't bring out the Best Grape Juice when they ran out of regular Wine.....

For so many taking every word in the Bible so literal....why is this one always the exemption Wine means Wine....

Didn't they give Jesus Sour Wine when hanging on the Cross Stake Whatever......

Why today does everyone want the Old Disciples to drink the Kool Aid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBeUGqeYsQg

• jam
    jam

John 2;3 The wine gave out. OK, if I am having A party, I will

make sure there is sufficient amount of food and drink. So it,s

obvious the guest , maybe had to much to drink. So Jesus, A

invited guest to A wedding were the other guest were drinking

to excess and he provided more wine, so the guest could

get sh---t face. Sound like A JW party.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

No wonder Jesus had a Following ....Damn if I knew a Guy who could turn Water into Wine.... Hell Yeah

Jesus you want me to do what.....HEY Bud see those weeds.....how about making them into....BUDS Bud!

• TD
    TD

What does wine mean elsewhere in the NT?

".....we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues! Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, What does this mean? Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.""

The allusion to intoxication is clear and unmistakable here. Wine means wine. The passage makes no sense otherwise

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I heard a sermon about the Eucharist once that impressed me. Obviously, this is not a JW KH. The dean of the cathedral noted that we do bring gifts of juice and wheat to the offertory. God created fruit and wheat. Bread and wine require human action. He said it was symbolic that our relationship with God is a two-way one. I never would have ever thought of this in a million year.

• oompa
    oompa

oh come on guys....nobody?.........silly boys.....he made....JAM.......................oompa

• Satanus
    Satanus

He turned water into koolaid. Just dumped the stuff in there.

S

• Mary
    Mary

I think teetotalers like the Baptists and Methodists try to claim that it was really only grape juice and not wine.......which is utterly ridiculous. What did they do: bring out the really good grape juice at first and then the crappy stuff hoping no one would notice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit