What Are The 3 Worst Things in Your Life

by teenyuck 21 Replies latest jw friends

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Things that just happened to happen to me that really sucked were:

1. The abuse I suffered at the hands of my father as a child.
    2. The fact that while I was suffering this abuse by father, my mother never physically abused me, but she always treated me like I was dirt and always had an unloving, uncaring attitude towards me.
    3. Nothing can never stay good for very long. Just when I think I have my life straightened out...something comes along and messes it up (at present, that "something" would be the JWs)

Things I brought upon myself that I regret are:

1. Not paying much attention in school (yes, I really regret that...I would be a genious now if I had've) and not finishing college.
    2. Marrying my first husband (& quiting college to do so...he lived out of state; didn't want to commute or pay out-of-state tuition).
    3. Marrying my second husband (I'm joking). Seriously, the 3rd thing would be not spending more of my life just enjoying it.

Sadie

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

1- having to go to my dad's funeral, it was hard because I never grew up with him, but whenever I saw him, I stuck to him like glue. I truly loved him.

2- being with my mother, she was aggresive, and not very loving

3- the death of both of my grandparents - I loved them dearly.

• noidea
    noidea

1.Life
    2.Life
    3.Life

other then that everything is going great.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Only 3??????? Hell, I could write a book!

• Julie
    Julie

Without question the loss of my beloved Dad was far and away the most devastating thing in my life, I expect it will always be.

Julie

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you, Marilyn and Puffs.
    Between: I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. So many wonderful people have died and continue to do so. I cannot accept that such a terrible waste is going on continually. I have every hope that you will see her again. I know how you feel about having your grandparents back again… btw, I like your quote.

Marilyn: I’m sorry to hear that about your mother as well. I was with my mother when the doctor told her she had lung cancer. I regret not spending more time with her at the end of her life. We grew apart after my father died. I regret not being more supportive of her as she struggled to raise five kids. I was just a stupid kid myself at the time but I now regret not having tried harder to understand her when her world came crashing down around her.

Carmel: You need more sunlight, old friend.

Sadie: “Just when I think I have my life straightened out...something comes along and messes it up” I know that feeling as well.

“Not paying much attention in school” Same here. I never took it seriously, after all what was the point? The end was imminent.

Big: I wasn’t around my father until I was about nine or ten. He worked long hard days and so even then I saw little of him. I miss not knowing him better.

Noidea: You’re not giving us much detail here. Maybe I know how you feel:
    If this life is all there be
    Then it would have served some else better than me
    If it be a prelude to things yet to come
    I will endure the wait, the wait for home

Butalbee: Amen!

• COMF
    COMF

I can only think of one, which is, I wish that everybody else could be as happy as I am.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Don't worry COMF, things are bound to get worse!

Nice thought, though.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people,
    they are bound to evaporate."
    - Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

1. The death of my grandfather.

2. The two miscarriages I had.

3. Never being truely loved for myself by a man.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • sadiejive
    sadiejive
    Never being truely loved for myself by a man.

I can relate to that feeling. It brings to mind a "joke" (if you could call it that) that I heard Wendy Liedman (stand up comedian) tell. That a man meets a woman and spends his whole marriage trying to change her into something that he wants her to be, and then when he has smothered every bit of her true self out of her, he begins to complain, "What ever happened to that woman I married?"

Sadie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit