I'm becoming someone i don't like

by highdose 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• highdose
    highdose

i'm a nice person ok? i'm not a bully. I have been in business for years in the UK, i did business in a freindly, nice but assertive way.

But here in this greek country its not working. I seem to be fighting constantly people who won't do anything unless i'm mean to them. They won't even do what i've paid them to do unless i'm horrible to them.

I'm currently fighting a guy who has tried to swindle me out of 700 euros. In order to do this i am having to call him incessantly, like 50 times a day in a row, because its only after i call 50x in a row that he will finaly get fed up and answer. When he does answer he will not take me seriously unless i'm shouting at him, swearing at him, calling him names and threatening him with everything i can.

I was re dialing for the 50th time yesterday and i thought "this is harrasment!" , "i'm being a bully!"... but then hes making me do this. But isn't that what every bully says? "you made me bully you this way"??

Of course he could just do the decent thing and pay me what he owes, hell he could even ..... ANSWER HIS F***ING PHONE! To get to speak to him last time, i had to put on a greek accent, talk in greek and tell his sectertury that my name was Maria, suddenly he was avaible to talk.... but i could hear how pissed off he got as soon as he realised it was me.

Thoughts? am i a bully?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I dont think you're a bully...is there not a legal method over there for demanding monies owed to you since it really isnt fair that you have to go through all this stress just to be fairly paid etc?

Loz x

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Ask yourself: why is the Greek economy in such a mess?

Different cultures have different mentalities. It can be infuriating.

• undercover
    undercover

highdose, you have a PM

• AGuest
    AGuest

Court, dear HD (peace to you!)? Make friends with a local official and find out what "they" do under such circumstances? Something other than what you're doing as that doesn't seem to be working... either to compel any payment or for your health/stress. If anything can be done, someone should be able to tell you. If nothing can be done... write if off as experience, move on, and don't do business with that one, again.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I hate to stereotype an entire nation but maybe it's because you're a woman. Is Greek culture misogynistic?

• minimus
    minimus

i love u highdose.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Awww. I don't know you, but I don't think you're a bully either. Cyber hugs! And sometimes, one needs to be assertive. Assertive, not agressive, which although in society 'ascertive' is looked down upon, it most definitely does not make you a villain.

• shepherd
    shepherd

Get used to it if you plan to stay in Cyprus, chill out and get some ouzo and a kebab down at the beach....the turds you have to deal with every day there will never change, so don't beat yourself up over it or they are the winners.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Do you have a male friend who can speak to this guy on your behalf?

As the others have said, you're a female and you're a foreigner, so you've got two counts against you before you even start. You've got no chance of getting your money back unless you have some men on your side. I know this sounds so anti-feminist in our day and age, but you are dealing with Mediterranean culture here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit