Ever do drugs while in the organization?

by FifthOfNovember 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• man in black
    man in black

oh yea, I sure did !

there was a group in my hall who called themselves "the unholy jw's". And we did quite a bit of drugs.

The schumann brothers were my entry into this world. While my parents were studying with their parents these guys introduced me to :

1) smoking cigarettes

2), smoking dope.

3), drinking heavily.

4), dating wild, worldly girls.

We would go to the Friday night talk and wt study, then change and go buy some beer, one of the brothers had a good supplier for good weed available. Then we would go cruising for girls.

Since I was just considered a study back then,I felt like I had gone to Disneyland ! Having grown up strict RC the absolute freedom was mind blowing.

And every weekend we went out and got plastered, it was great fun, but there was something that just did not feel right about it to me.

But these brothers ?? They lived for screwing around. And their father was the congregation po. .

He would literally beat them if someone saw them drinking, or going to an R rated movie,,,, but nothing ever changed.

One by one they drifted into the heavy drugs like heroin, one got married (now divorced, really a screwed up person, 52 and he lives for Jimmy Buffet and the coral reefers). Nothing wrong with the band, but there comes a point in life when the drinking, and partying should slow down I think.

I look back at how really bad and hypocritical we were, and how we put on false fronts about our jw lives and I almost literally get sick about it.

So in closing, if my parents never got involved with the jw religion, I would never have had the pleasure of experiencing some good weed, excellent beer, crazy women, and learning the finer points of being a total hypocrite.

thanks wtbts for showing me how to be a total idiot, and be respected by your followers.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Lol uh well, I did happen to hold some stuff for a few friends (baptized JW girls by the way :D), but drugs have never appealed to me. Basically, it comes down to the fact that from a terrible bout of depression, I was prescribed medication for it, and the side effects were terrible. In the span of a couple years, I tried A LOT of different brands. I know it's not the same but hear me out. I drank around four times, and those four times were the worst experiences of my life. I'm pretty sure the medication I had taken had screwed up my chemically imbalanced brain, and so, alcohol= baaaaaad trip. Therefor, I assume taking pot or other stuff would not be pretty for me.

I don't judge people who do smoke pot, here in LA it's the kids who don't that get weird looks. Just don't smoke near me :p.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

-Mitch Hedberg

I smoked weed for a couple of years before I was DFd. (Unrelated). I tried acid, shrooms, and coke shortly after that. (Not at the same time).

I tried Ex and MGB a few times. I can tell you this, it's a good thing that I can't find Ex anywhere, cuz DAMN, that stuff is FUN!

I still endulge in the Ol' Devil's Lettuce pretty regularly.

Never tried heroin, but I've smoked opium a few times. I'm afraid to try heroin, number one because the thought of injecting a narcotic into my veins seems very repugnant to me, and secondly, because I know I would like it too much and would soon be hooked. Don't want that monkey on my back.

Bottom line is, drugs are fun. I like to have a good time. I just keep it under control. Be smart and practice moderation.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I like how this thread died 14 hours ago, and the other thread where the OP said not to post is still active.

I waited until after I got out to try any drugs (not counting caffeine, alcohol, and prescriptions). Now I LOVE me some pot (but don't like alcohol so much 'cause it makes me sick).

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

When I was growing up, I was bound and determined NEVER to do drugs, either inside or outside the JW religion. Even afer I left the JWs for the first time @ 17, I had no thoughts about it whatsoever. I believed then, as I do now, that drugs, epsecially hard drugs, are poison and destroy peoples lives without fail. It's not a matter of if, just when. It wasn't Jehovah, Jesus, dying at armageddon or even my parent's wrath that scared me; I was terrified of what hard drugs would do to my mind, my sanity, my body and my life. I didn't want to go anywhere near that scene! I like to think I was raised right. Sure, I've had some indiscretions with alcohol here and there, but it's not a constant thing...

In later years and after I was baptised in my late twenties that I came in contact with co-workers and the like who did weed. After a time I noticed that they weren'y extraordinarily messed up like people on harder drugs. A while ago, after spending a long afternoon hiking with a friend, I was staying over and lo and behold, it happened to be 420 when the clock struck @ midnight. It also so happened that my friend had a small amount of weed around. I couldn't resist trying it... it was a fun night, needless to say. Hee hee. Later that day we smoked up a little more on another hike. After all that, I have to say I'm not overly impressed with it. I'll just stick with alcohol for the most part as it's actually legal. I'll only do weed on rare occasions if ever again...

V665V665

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

The ironic thing is, I only got interested in LSD after doing a health project on it. Good job society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit