JW Talk Radio Launches This Month

by PublishingCult 30 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The truth is there are very few biblical texts that speak about homosexuality in the bible. How people can take these texts and use them as justification for abuse and violence towards gays is beyond me.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    The truth is there are very few biblical texts that speak about homosexuality in the bible. How people can take these texts and use them as justification for abuse and violence towards gays is beyond me.

Yet, they do. It is fear. It is ignorance.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Publishing...I figured you would have a different topic each week. I'm just biased to this one a little more so. I still believe in the bible, so I am curious to hear the refute against "homosexual scriptures".

You'll have to let us know what your upcoming schedule will be like. If I can't listen at a particular time, then I want to be able to track the ones I miss.

Again, can you please tell me what the music is that you placed in your background of your video above. It was beautiful.

Thanks.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Sent you a PM AK MCGRATH :)

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I would like to ear someones take on youtubes dr walter martin on homosexuality

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    I would like to ear someones take on youtubes dr walter martin on homosexuality

Martin was Satan in a Sunday hat, a terribly dishonest man when it came to discussing homosexuality and the Bible, but his subterfuge and false arguments are not tough to crack. Back in the 80's, it was very difficult to argue with Martin because research on this topic was very scarce. Martin seemed to wipe up the floor with anyone who tried to debate him. He is was a monster with subterfuge and distraction techniques. If he were alive today, there are many theologians and ministers who could clean his clock.

This is what Martin wrote about those who argued that homosexuality was not a sin:

"Now there are people who say, 'Well, there are convincing arguments put forward by homosexuals who are good theologians.' There is no good theological theologian; and the reason why there isn’t any good homosexual theologian is, to adopt the position, you must vitiate Biblical revelation. And this is something nobody wants to face. I am vigorously opposed to the prostitution of Holy Scripture in defense of what God has considered one of the most vile of all acts."

Here, Martin's statement not only falsely assumes dogmatically that homosexuality is condemned by Scripture, but that anyone who says different, no matter how scholarly their work might be, is wrong by virtue of them defending homosexuality in the first place. In other words, "you are only defending homosexuality and proving through accurate scholarly means with cited sources that homosexuality is not a sin because you are a lousy cock-sucker . . . which makes you a liar."

LOL, THAT was his argument.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Yeah things would be a lot different now like trinity because he only used the kj bible, I wouldn't put it that he is a satanist lol, he sure knows how to make a point like it or not, and we all know the bible is not what its made out to be, but regarding biblical texts - leviticus and romans see what he says about it.

Romans 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azwq-H-EfnI&feature=related

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Yes, he talks about the word "unnatural" blah blah blah which assumes without evidence that homosexuality itself is unnatural. Then compares homosexuality to beastiality- ridiculous distraction technique which shows he is hiding something. He also bullies, and does not address the context of Romans 1 in which Paul was addressing a scenario that involves temple prostitution- innate heterosexuals with spouses who went against their natural sexuality to have sex with temple prostitutes for favor from God or the gods. This was a common practice in Paul's day.

• PublishingCult
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i guess you wont have to stress about what your next topic will be :-D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit