~~ A friendly Hello ~~

by freeflyingfaerie 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

It seems now it's longer and longer between times that I come to visit this site...but there is a deep feeling inside that calls me to connect with others whose lives have been ravaged in some way by the religion. This even a few years after leaving it all.

Sometimes when it is quiet, I reflect on how it used to be..how I now live such a different life. Walking away from the religion...there are no words to describe the sense of personal freedom and strength that has followed. Exhilaration at getting to really know myself like never before comes rushing over like a fresh waterfall. There has been, and still I have tremendous pain at losing my entire family and life-long friends. There is nothing like being stripped of everything to show you who you really are...and I love who I really am

Hello to anyone out there who daily walks the journey ...and the religion becomes a distant little town we once lived in..

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Hello to anyone out there who daily walks the journey ...and the religion becomes a distant little town we once lived in..

Yes, we understand.

Each one of us has walked a journey in our own way.

James

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello back at you. So good to hear your positive thoughts. Well done you.

Loz x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    ...and the religion becomes a distant little town we once lived in..

I wish.

I keep telling them to shut the door so that the smell doesn't blow over to my place, but they are slow learners.

Cheers

Chris

• cantleave
    cantleave

WELCOME!!!!

• wobble
    wobble

Hi, and thanks for the post, elegantly written , nice metaphors.

Most of us on here are with you all the way, we are walking that journey, and each day that poxy town we used to live in gets further away, and the world we now find ourselves in becomes more beautiful.

Enjoy your freedom, and continue to love who you are, please do not be a stranger here either !

• sizemik
    sizemik

Nicely put . . . it's nice to feel the distance growing for those who can . . . for sure

• nugget
    nugget

It is one of those trips that will change your life and well worth taking. Hello my fellow traveller.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Thanks for your post. I'm still high from the rush of true freedom leaving the cult gives. I also hated leaving friends and family behind and at times it pains me how they now look at me. Big bad Apostate. I enjoy your writing style

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

Hello

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit