Hello from NW USA

by Haulin Oats 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

I threw out enough vinyls to almost fill a 44 gallon drum! . . . over $3000 worth . . . hell, the memory still hurts.

And yeah . . . there was some Tull in there . . . great band

Smashing a Hendrix tape . . . sacrilege! . . . no wonder you've never forgotten it!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I bid you welcome, Haulin Oats.

It's quite a story you have. I'm lucky that I've never had to throw out music, though admittedly, I never chose much of anything that would've gotten me into hot water. It's only in the past three or so years that I've started finding music I really liked, regardless of what other ppl might think. What I like to listen to would shock a lot of good ol' x-ian folks out there. LOL!

I live up here in British Columbia, Canada; practically right on top of ya. There are actually a good handful of us BCers here on JWN. Just come up north of the 49th and say 'hey'.

V665V665

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello and welcome.

I went thru the whole "debased music" thing when it first came out in the 1980s. I never got to hear any "heavy metal" music as a kid (it's considered "classic rock" not) because of the strict policies on music. Nothing but easy-going pop music in our house.

Your story is interesting, it sounds like your wife is on her way out too. All the best to you both!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit