They keep coming!!

by finding my way 10 Replies latest jw friends

• finding my way
    finding my way

My husband and I bought a house recently aand apparently our new house is smack in the middle of a diligent congregations territory. they've been in our neigborhood twice a week since we moved in a month ago. There are a lot of guard dogs in our neigborhood (yeah, I live in the hawaiian guetto) and they all go nuts when the witnesses are walking by. Stirs up the whole street like nothing else does. The first time they came by my visiting friend answered the door and told them I had a little one and was still sleeping and also that I used to be a witness. She thought that would be enough to discourage a second visit but I knew better. I dwelled on what I would say for the week. I wanted to say just the right thing just in case I could make someone think but I was afraid that I didn't know my facts enough to really make a good argument under pressure and not send off any signals to make them discredit me in their head so I ended up just telling the truth. I told the sisters that I was df'd 6 years ago and I had no interest in returning. Also that I did not want an elder to return as I do not wish to discuss it with them. I was friendly and thanked them for their time and I held my baby and tried to just be normal hoping that at the very least they might feel like I wasn't a scary demon possesed "apostate". Now they won't stop coming to our street and I feel like I have to put on a show of "normal" when they are around. That or hide :)

just getting this off my chest. I can't believe it took 6 years to have them come to my door.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Why do you worry about what they think of you? You have your life to lead, and they have their mission as deluded unpaid employees of a publishing company to offload their unwanted literature onto a gullible public. They are just time-wasters: maybe you should do some more research to find out just how meaningless their whole belief structure is.

• carla
    carla

You could send the cease & desist letter and you don't have to talk to them in person! deliver these to your neighbors or their paperboxes and get em' off your street for good! just and idea..... check to make sure the address is still good (or should it go to Patterson? anybody know?)

Name

Address

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, Ny 11201-2483

NOTICE TO 'CEASE AND DESIST' ALL VISITS

Dear Sirs,

Please notify all members of your congregation that consent, implied or otherwise, to visit my property at the address stated above for any purpose relating

to the work of Jehovah's Witnesses or the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has been revoked.

I will consider any future visits to be an act of willful trespass and may prosecute to the full extent of the law, civil or criminal.

You must not visit on the pretense of 'updating records'. Check the electoral roll for up to date ownership information.

Notice has also been served to my local congregation located in the area of ________________________________________________________.

I shall hold you both severally and jointly liable for any infratction of this notice to 'cease and desist'.

You have been warned!

Respectfully,

• sizemik
    sizemik

Talk to the neighbours and have all the dog chains lengthened.

• the max
    the max

great point sizemik HA HA HA

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

If you told them you are DF they are NOT suppose to call.

Also in our congo we were NOT allowed to knock on doors of houses that had the dreaded "NO DOORNOCK BY JEHOVAHS WITNESSES" sticker on their doors.

but if thats not working DEFINATLEY go for a C&D as posted above.

Its your legal right!

• finding my way
    finding my way

This is mostly a venting post. I'm well aware of how meaningless it all is but I feel sorry for them mostly. The sisters were very friendly to me and no one has returned to my house. just the street and it causes a LOT of BARKING! It's sort of like a haunting. It just makes me uncomfortable thats all. I do care what people think of me though I wish I didn't.

Great Idea about passing around the letter to the neighborhood although I don't want them to think I'm weird, pushy or disrespectful to other beliefs either. You see we are pretty much the only white family. The rest are mosly filipino and hawaiian. :0) I've been meaning to bake soemthing to make friends

• carla
    carla

Go deliver at night or early morning if you don't want people to know who delivered them. Oh, hmm, all those dogs huh? could be a problem to hand deliver I suppose if they don't have paperboxes (it is illegal to deliver in mailboxes).

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Maybe they're doing not at homes? I remember we used to do a territory over and over until the not-at-homes were all done.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

finding my way- Vent away!!! I love venting posts, no one judges you!!!

And the dog guard thing sounds scary :o I hope they're friendly to you though!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit