Hi from Andy from state of Montana, introduce myself

by andys 22 Replies latest jw friends

• andys
    andys

Hi wanted to introduce myself, I wanted to intoduce myself once all the dust cleared more and I am thinking more clearly, in Feb. 2011 is when I decided to leave JW, my way out of the organization has actually been since July of 2010 gradually over time i started to question the JW religion, in July of 2010 i was still living at home with my parents, my dad at the time told me he was going to force me to go to meetings but I started to drift out the other way it got to the point where my dad told me I had to eventually leave, in November of 2010 alot of things happened, I was finally able to find my own place, just at the right time i found a very good deal on a duplex for $350 a month something that I can easily afford even on low income, usually alot of places even where i live are around $600 a month, in alot of ways i just about nearly was homeless.

In Feb. of 2011 is when I decided to read the book Crisis of Conscience, the very first night getting through 80 pages is when my blindfolds came off, I immediatley accepted Christ as my savior, also in the process I did alot of extensive research, I did research on alot of mainstream religons, also jwfacts.com helped me out alot on where to go, I decided to check out the Baptist church, everything was beyond what I expected, i am not afraid to walk into a different church to me its helping me heal all the pain that the JW religon has caused, also recently I got baptized and now am a born again Christian.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Good for you andys! . . . and a big welcome to the board

Murray from New Zealand

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hi Andys, welcome aboard! So great you escaped the clutches of the cult and are living the real life now. You'll find lots of help and support here if you need it, stick around, we are a mixed bag, and all survivours in one way or another. Great to have you with us!

Best wishes, PAULA x

• ambersun
    ambersun

Welcome andys

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

andys, welcome to the board! By the way, have you lived in Montana all of your life?

• nugget
    nugget

Welcome to the board Andy. May your new life be filled with joy.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome

Loz x

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Like yourself I felt a need to get right with God after reading "Crisis of Conscience".

However someone on this board made a statement about Ray Franz that has stuck with me.

They said that Ray broke out of his cage but never escaped the zoo, meaning he got out of JWs but was still a prisoner to religion.

The more you allow yourself to question things the more you may find as I did that the Bible contains a lot of stories that could be construed as mythology: Talking snakes, animals on arks, men sleeping in the bellies of fish, and the like.

All I'm saying is welcome to your personal journey- you may likely find your worldview constantly evolving as time goes on.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Welcome andys. We are all escapees from the Kingdom Hall...

...and we are not going back!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

welcome Andy never knew CoC had that much of an effect!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit