Do Jehovah's Witnesses feel as though they are the only ones assisted by God in their lives?

by stillstuckcruz 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sizemik
    sizemik

Prayer may well be therapeutic . . . I've heard even some psychologists recommend it to religious patients.

I've never experienced or seen evidence that God actually "answers" prayers for anyone . . . except in peoples imaginations

As the captain said . . . "Time and unforseen occurence befall all men" . . . anything else is just "smoke and mirrors"

• jean-luc picard
  • sister x
    sister x

I have wondered the same thing myself. I see other christians who talk about their fantastic relationship with GOD. and I would think to myself, If WE are the only true religion, then how can God be approving of you, be a friend of yours if your not a Jehovahs witness???. I always wondered if they were making it all up, they couldnt possibly know Jehovah because they are not "one of his people".....

The truth is, I personally had a wonderful relationship with God BEFORE i got babtized... after babtism it was all downhill.

One pioneer sister who studied with me a little while -right after babtism asked me how I came into "the truth". I told her that I started reading the bible everyday by myself, asked God for guidance and I began to understand and that no one came to my door, I just found the local hall and came to meetings myself. I told her that I found Jehovah myself.

She got upset after I finished talking and told me that what I was saying was impossible, that I had to brought in by someone IN the Organization..... and that there was no way I found God without the aid of one of his witnesses to teach me the truth. I sat there at my kitchen table and just looked at her like she was crazy.... needless to say that was our last book study together.. i did not want the crazy sister in my home anymore. She didnt like that I was honest with her, she wanted to hear something different....

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Yet if a pioneer claims somebody dropped off a bag of groceries on their porch, "Hallelujah! Jah sure does care for his full-timers!" The rest aren't worthy.

I always find that hilarious. Yesterday at the assembly, one of these very experiences was given. The elderly sister was ecstatic because after she lost her job and health, she says she ALWAYS had what she needed. And of course, anyone else that this happens to...its sheer coincidence and their just fortunate.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Terra Icognito said a deeper truth than ever above.

Watchtower covers all bases. If they were to say God doesn't help people, then their own anecdotes would be better examined. "Why does God answer my prayers?" "Don't they say someone was just praying when JW's showed up at the door?"

It's a frigging cult. You are only supposed to accept what they say and not think for yourself how it doesn't jive with reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit