It's Friday! Let's Drink Some Whisk(e)y!! (Responsibly, Of Course)

by Low-Key Lysmith 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I think I may have to pour meself a dram of the lovely Bushmills Single Malt 16yr Irish Whiskey to go along with episode 7 of Game of Thrones.

Bushmills SM 16 has been aged about 15 years in ex-bourbon casks, as well as Spanish Oloroso sherry casks, then finished for about a year in ex-port casks.

This whiskey has an incredible complexity and is my personal favorite of the Bushmills single malt line, of which there is a 10yr, a 12yr(Only available for purchase at the distillery), a 16yr, and a 21yr.

I just recently came back from a visit to the Bushmills distillery in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. I brought back a bottle of the 12yr, but I'm not going to open it for a while.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Tonight, it's the good ol' standby: Johnnie Walker Black Label. One of the best blended Scotch whiskies available. Blended with 42 component whiskies, it has a depth unmatched by its peers.

Anyone else drinking whisk(e)y tonight?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I wish there was whisy in my glass!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I wish you were here with some whisy too. Whisy sounds delicious.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

dude...

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

having amaretto sours here and listening to tunes

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

AMARETTO!!! How dare you sully my whisky thread with talk of that Italian muck???

Just kidding dude.

Long time no chat

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

Have you ever had Indian Whisky......I am drinking Antiquity Blue I also have a bottle of VAT 69.

Like this thread very much.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Tonight, some dear friends& I pulled the cork on a bottle of Bushmills 1608. this is their 400th anniversary blend, realeased in 2008. Bushmills got its license to distill from James I in 1608. They used crystal-malted barley whiskey. Crystal Malt actually cystalizes the sugar in the grain, which makes for a silky mouthfeel and a deep caramel profile and lingering finish. Sweet and endulgent.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

OK, OK, S I know I'm a day late. I hav espent the majority of my time this weekend at the Skagit valley Highland Games in Mt Vernon, WA.

Never too late for a good whisky post, tonight, I've had a dram or three of the Auchentoshan Triple Wood. Mainly aged in ex-boubon barrels from the good Ol' USA, then finished n Spanish Oloroso Sherry and Pedro Ximinex Sherry casks. One of the few Scottish maltrs that is triple distilled as in the tradtion of Irish whiskeys. Light, gentle., and friendly. A truly fine Scotch single malt, if there ever was one. Slainte Mhath!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit