Abusive JW Mothers.

by Low-Key Lysmith 15 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The only thing I fault my Mom for is it seemed like she was using us to make herself look like the ideal JW mother in the eyes of other JW's. We had to have the best answers...give the best talks (which she wrote) and be out in service even if she didn't go herself. She wanted at least one of her boys to go to Bethel (me). I know she loved us very much, and was terribly concerned ,nearly driven mad with fear about our making it through Armegeddon, but beyond that, our successes as Witnesses were definitely a feather in her own cap. It would have been nice to have some books in the house other than JW literature...but they might have distracted us from what was important. We learned to play instruments...but only so we could play Kingdom Songs. To her horror, my Brother and I learned Stairway to Heaven and Innagadavidaa by Iron Butterfly when her back was turned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4g-wx2Y_wg

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

If I ever asked to go somewhere with the other kids in the congregation her answer was an automatic "NO". She did give in later and let me go but I always had to hear NO first thing.

I KNOW, right? What is that all about? Mine did the same thing.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

*sigh* I have spoken to my mother numerous times about this. She denies she ever "abused" us. My brother refuses to have anything to do with her and my dad because of the abuse we endured as children. She claims she only hit us with the belt "twice in your life". No. I'm sorry. If it was only twice, why do I remember it so vividly? Why did my brother and I hide all of the belts in the house while she was out?

I remember being slapped, hit with the belt, being dragged across the floor by my hair... It's ABUSE, plain and simple. There is NO other word for it. She refuses to admit that it was. Refuses to acknowledge that she was anything like her own mother (who was worse!). My grandmother was a horrible mother...but at least she admitted it before she died. She was abusive, both physically and mentally, calling my mom and her sister ugly, stupid, retarded, and telling them they'd never amount to anything because they were nothing. They were the only 2 out of all the kids that got this treatment. They were beaten simply because she felt like it.

My mother went after us in anger most of the time. My brother was a difficult child, but he was an angry child. And now he's an angry adult. And she still can't understand why he can't "let it go". Honestly, he did approach her about it a few years ago and explained why he is cold toward her. He was trying to make amends and make her understand. All she said was "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but you needed it".

Both she and her mother were JW's.

• designs
    designs

In a congregation I was in near Los Angeles I had to give a talk on child abuse as a Felony Crime. The Mothers would show up at the Meetings with Cords, Belts, and Wooden Ladels. Since most received some form of State assistance the idea of having Child Protective Services come and take their meal ticket scared them pretty good.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Wow Morbidz. Very similar to my mom. Narccissitic to the end. My grandma was nothing like that, however.

Designs, it used to disgust me that mothers would bring "weapons" to the hall to beat their kids with. I actually got up during one meeting and walked home (my parents were baffled) because one woman took her young daughter back to the second school and beat this child so mercilessly that the kid was shrieking in pain and fear. When the kid actually began to CALL OUT TO JEHOVAH FOR HELP, I couldn't take it anymore. I got into big trouble for leaving the hall too. My parents just didn't understand why i would have any problem with a mother doling out some "loving" discipline.

• Satanus
    Satanus

exwhyzee

She must be horrified when you left jay hoover's fold.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit