Katherine Jackson: "my son is gone and for forever"

by leavingwt 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    So JW's don't believe in the Resurrection of Righteous and Wicked.

In WT theology, there are three categories for the dead. The first two get a resurrection. (1) Righteous (2) Unrighteous (3) Wicked

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    This was an AP interview, not testimony.

She is arguing that the doctor needs to be punished, to the media, to the public, to the legal establishment: basically to whoever will listen and might influence the outcome. And she used terms that will have the broadest appeal by not assuming that people agree with her ideology in order to elicit support for her view about the punishment.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    Not that I wasn't hurt about it, dont get me wrong, it just that death always seemed like a temporary setback due to the resurrection doctrine.

Yes, the WTBTS's way of telling JW's to suck it up and get on with peddling WT publications.

• XxAmeliaXx
    XxAmeliaXx

I always understood that if armageddon came whilst some-one is disfellowshipped they will not survive and if some-one dies whilst disfellowshipped they will not be resurrected.

I thought he was un-baptised though so by their stupid rules surely he would be resurrected? Sounds to me like she is going for the sympathy vote.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I thought he was un-baptised

No, he had been dunked.

• Scully
    Scully

"I'll be there, but it just hurts me because my son is gone and for forever and this man is trying to get away and get off," she said. "He needs to be punished."

Whatever happened to Waiting on Jehovahâ„¢?

• minimus
    minimus

This has nothing to do with her thinking he won't get resurrected.

• XxAmeliaXx
    XxAmeliaXx

If he was dunked then by their rules he is gone forever then, isn't he?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    If he was dunked then by their rules he is gone forever then, isn't he?

They'll never say, for certain. They'll waffle and say only Jehovah knows.

• XxAmeliaXx
    XxAmeliaXx

There was a lovely guy called Andrew that I knew from my pub days but lost touch with and then I became JW so I hadn't seen him for about 15 years when he turned up at our KH. Of course I immediately went up to speak to him but was informed that I couldn't because he was disfellowshipped. I had no idea he was JW when we both frequented the Hogs Lodge and Good Intent.

Once he had been re-instated we were able to chat and the reason he came back was because he had been diagnosed with a brain tumour and had only 1 year to live. This was his only reason for wanting to be re-instated because he believed if he died in a disfellowshipped state he would not be resurrected. He had 2 operations and chemotherapy and at the end had lost his sight and speech but survived for another 18 months before spending his last few days in a hospice. He did not recognise me the last time I visited him and died the next day.

He had a JW funeral even though his wife and 2 sons were not witnesses and although there was talk that his motivation for returning was disingenuous and a tad hypocritical (of course Jehovah's Witnesses would not dare to judge him though) general consensus was that he "had made it in the nick of time". This is why my understanding was that the disfellowshipped would not get a resurrection.

Can't seem to find anything on the CD ROM to confirm this thinking though but the way it was told to me it was as if it were fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit