Katherine Jackson: "my son is gone and for forever"

by leavingwt 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm left to assume that Sister Jackson has concluded that Michael will not be resurrected.

. . .

The matriarch of one of music's most famous families isn't planning any special preparations for the daily trek to a downtown Los Angeles courtroom where the trial begins May 9, but she says she'll rely on her faith to carry her through.

"I have mixed emotions," she told The Associated Press in an interview this week. "Sometimes I think why have a trial if ... the maximum sentence is only four years."

She has not spoken to Dr. Conrad Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter, although she has seen him often from her seat at pretrial hearings in the case.

"I'll be there, but it just hurts me because my son is gone and for forever and this man is trying to get away and get off," she said. "He needs to be punished."

. . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110428/ap_en_ot/us_people_katherine_jackson

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That or she's lost faith in the resurrection completely.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Good post, so much for the resurrection. Ya know as a born-in, I've never really feared death, and never mourned excessively over those close to me that have passed. Not that I wasn't hurt about it, dont get me wrong, it just that death always seemed like a temporary setback due to the resurrection doctrine. When push comes to shove I guess thats when we find out just how much we believe in something, be it a doctrine, or principle.

Reading that post made me think about the JW in Kansas suing the State for a bloodless liver transplant to be done in Nebraska. On one hand the woman states that she's not afraid to die faithful to Jehovah, but at the same time is suing Kansas Medicaid to pay for something they don't cover. Not to sound callous, but if they're not going to pay for it, and you wish to stay faithful to Jehovah, well then die in your righteousness, and stop pursuing legal recourses. Again, just like Sister Jackson, its a case of people claiming to believe one thing, but when push comes to shove, you find that their beliefs weren't really all that secure.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That or she realises the legal system does not recognise the resurrection so she is arguing her case before the secular institution on that basis.

• sabastious
    sabastious

The atheists got to her!

-Sab

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Or, she might have just meant that he's dead and won't be back in this particular system of things.

However, I think the perception of most JWs is that you don't want to die while DF'd or DA'd, because you'd be classified as 'wicked'.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That or she realises the legal system does not recognise the resurrection so she is arguing her case before the secular institution on that basis.

This was an AP interview, not testimony.

I was just joking in my post. I think Leaving is right on track. MJ was DFd and died. He's swimming in the lake of fire.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" He's swimming in the lake of fire.'

Hey Mad, Better in a lake of fire than in a meatless paradise

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

So JW's don't believe in the Resurrection of Righteous and Wicked.

• wasblind
    wasblind

They don't know what they believe anymore CB Jr.

All I can say where ever her son is, I hope it ain't the JW's

version of paradise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit