I am a sheep in wolves' clothing

by Anony Mous 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Since I'm not getting out of the JW cult any time soon due to my position and family I decided to do a little contra-action. Maybe some of you can share your stories, experiences and let me know how far you kicked it before you either left or got booted. My intention is to get people thinking.

- A couple of weeks ago I had a demonstration on stage. We played out a part regarding the memorial and I prepared the householder to ask about partaking. The other person was to read the 144,000 from Revelation, then the householder asked if the 144,000 are to be taken literal, why do JW's not take the rest of the verse and Revelations for that matter literal. I ended the demo with a 'I will return with research' line and a successful invitation *hands clapping*.

- I have a talk coming up where I'm supposed to take the scripture out of context and bash the divinity of Christ and focus it on the FD&S if I follow the 'approved' publications. Instead I researched the subject using Bible commentaries, researchers that prove the divine nature of Christ (not trinity though) based on the original text inserted some Greek, Hebrew and even some WT words like evidently and whipped it up with instances where the publications actually support those researchers' viewpoint when it fits them in another context (it took me a while to research). It sounds very WT-like but it's actually slightly biased towards the original reading of the text, doesn't mention the FD&S at all.

- My comments in the meetings are centering more on the actual context of the Bible verses quoted and what they meant in the original text. I also gave some comments regarding the historic first century Christians which actually will contradict the JW line whenever they get to that point and hopefully somebody will connect the dots. I think it was last book study or the week before that the whole congregation actually joined into comments regarding the ideal conduct of elders in certain situations (not bad, just: this shows that they shouldn't do this *nudge**nudge*).

This is purely to get people to think. I'm being careful though, I don't say anything that makes the big red flags of the JW come up (blood, trinity, inspiration, holy spirit). So if you have any ideas or pointed comments for the next few meetings, let me know.

• darthfader
    darthfader

I applaud your efforts, but your messages to the rank and file in your congregation is likely to fall on deaf ears. In my experience, most JW's dont even recognize a rational argument against the teachinhgs of the F&DS. You may accomplish getting asked a few questions which may lead to a full blown witch hunt.

You sound like a thoughtfull and rational person, it may be best to just keep your head down and gradually fade out.

Good luck to you!

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I agree.....

It's better to be called an Apostate when you have already faded than start stirring the Pot while you still IN...

especially from the platform.......

I like Your Style thou.....

Be careful..... Next thing you'll find your Everymove under the eyes of the Elders and MS....

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done...I think you're using your 'enforced' presence to good effect. I think it would have made me think a lot.

Loz x

• godrulz
    godrulz

F and DS? You guys have more lingo than the military.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I like your style too.... Just be careful not to rock the boat too much or you'll find yourself booted before you're ready to leave.

As a brother, you do have the added advantage of being able to add bits and pieces from the stage and in your comments than us lowly sisters did.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

This is a very good ploy Anon, my brother does the same in his congregation, some of the 'brothers & sisters' are a little cool towards him now.

Hoab

• wobble
    wobble

I did a similar thing whilst still attending meetings, though inactive as to F.S at the time.

I would firmly show what the Bible was actually saying, in the comment section on the weekly Bible reading in particular, do they still do that ? and in answers at the group study (still in private homes then) and at other meetings.

On one occasion at the group study I slipped in the info. about the U.N membership, but I put it in a non-controversial way.

Please be careful not to be "outed", it is easy to say too much.

None of what I did had any effect ,as far as I can tell, on any JW, but it made me feel good to be subversive !

• inbetween
    inbetween

Doing the same here, focus on authentic bible message. When the WT article emphasises the obedience towards the FDS, I comment something like: "We obey because we can trust and proof to ourselves, that the advice is firmly based on the bible" (hoping somebody will really do this and wake up...)

Whenever they try to push rules, i try to balence it by stressing the importance of principles coupled with freedom and personal responsibility.

I dont know, whether some notice my more liberal approach, or if it falls on deaf ears, like "darthfader"mentioned.

Recently though, I got positive feedback from one sister, she, being fully in mentally, has difficulties with some "rules" and is pretty opne minded.

Anyway, atm it is the only reasonable way for me to stick through and still kind of have a good conscience, and minimize the hypocrite in me....

Oh how often I wish I could just walk out.......sigh...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Many times I have seen ex-JWs on this forum commenting that they didn't realise that a whacky doctrine was being taught, or how whacky a doctrine was.

Which means that there is opportunity to say some really whacko stuff to individuals, and from the platform, and at the doors when out with other Dubs, that will make them say WTF? to doctrines that you will ALWAYS just happen to have the litterature for in your bag for if they try to 'correct' you or your attitude. When they try to deny or correct, you can come over holier than thou and trash them for having a bad attitude and being weak in the faith, maybe even having APOSTATE thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit